2019 BOA San Antonio

I saw the preview video for the Brandeis show, and let me say I am pleasantly surprised. They are doing great things over there this year, that's for sure.

Thanks for showing Brandeis some love man! We just had our first half time performance it's on YouTube if you wanna check it out (it was better than our preview). Good luck to Madison too. Btw Brandeis is not going to BOA this year

Random thought- how does Hendrickson seem to fly under the radar so well? They absolutely blow me away every time I see them and then people rarely talk about them. Any idea what they are up to this year?

I think that is partly due to their tendency to peak around San Antonio.

Random thought- how does Hendrickson seem to fly under the radar so well? They absolutely blow me away every time I see them and then people rarely talk about them. Any idea what they are up to this year?

I wonder the same... their show concepts are practically DCI-esque. I can't wait to see their show

I love the uniforms and visual aesthetic on LD Bell this year. Only thing I saw so far was pretty early but looked promising. Reminded me of that LD Bell feeling that I always got when watching their shows in late 2000s early 2010s.

Vista Murrieta should be a great addition to San Antonio and I am really excited to see what they bring. It will probably be one of the biggest surprises for us to get to experience this year.

I honestly really cant wait to see how well all these bands do! There’s a couple bands that have been doing really good the past couple years. Such as Prosper High School! But I don’t think they are performing at SA?

Prosper is on the list of participants. The fight for finals will be even tougher this year with Vista Murrieta and Cy-fair. I just wish Seven Lakes was going as well.

And we don’t have RudeDog here anymore to keep us up to date on Henny. :(

I am back...but as a Hendrickson alumni. Daughter graduated. I was slated to shoot the directors video & shoot photos this year, but with my full time job and trying to prepare for my own thing going into 2020, I have probably missed out on that gig. I have definitely been out of pocket but will try to get up to the school to touch base with the directors very soon.

All I can say is that there will be some retro in the book and it should be a good time.

I would just love for SA to have semis. I know there are pros and cons but I also like the idea that I believe was proposed on Hornrank about having prelims be at separate stadiums on Friday, and semis and finals on Saturday. I know it's not that simple but this way GN at least keeps the 3 day competition to itself.

Have SA be a Mega Regional or something but there are just so many good bands that should at least have that second performance and it would help with judging.

Maybe it's a branding thing? Instead of being the San Antonio super regional it should be the Southern Super regional. There is no doubt that this one is owned by the Texas bands with the deepest competitive field there is in the country. I've been to GN twice, one year with Texas bands in attendance and one year without. There really was a noticeable difference between the two. GN will always be GN and draw from all over the country. It's a great experience that would be hard to replicate anywhere else. However, if there were a Southern Super Regional wouldn't it be more attractive for out of state bands? There would be a lot of prestige and recognition that comes with winning that one. If out of state bands are that good then they should come to the deepest competitive contest there is.   Given the depth of the field, there should be preliems, semi's, and finals. This event is just too deep to see a band once and have their fate decided.  Anyway, there is a ton of potential here should BOA decide to take a hard look at this contest and what it could be.