Ok band parents, how TRULY nerdy and “all in” are you for your affiliate band program?

LeanderMomma

1. Thank heaven they were aluminum.

2. It was nerve wracking. We have PVC pipes mounted on the back of the cages to carry the guard flags and oth guard visuals. If something went horribly wrong..well..it would not have been optimal. :-)

Very true. You even have a performer that swings in the large birdcage, so any damage would mean she couldn't do her thing.

Well, I'm new here. Just wanted to share my little tid-bit. This is my 3rd year helping out with concessions and i also chaperone away games and comps. My 8th grade son (who joins the band next year) has been helping out along with me at every home game. I'll have both my kids in band next year, so I'm really excited about that! Our band didn't have much social media happening, so I took it upon myself to make an unofficial Instagram and it's going pretty well. I'm not part of the Booster officers, I hope they will vote to add more positions like Historian, because I would love to do that and more. I guess you can say that I'm all in for the long run. I have 4 more years to go, but I'm sure I'll stay active for a while.

Well, I'm new here. Just wanted to share my little tid-bit. This is my 3rd year helping out with concessions and i also chaperone away games and comps. My 8th grade son (who joins the band next year) has been helping out along with me at every home game. I'll have both my kids in band next year, so I'm really excited about that! Our band didn't have much social media happening, so I took it upon myself to make an unofficial Instagram and it's going pretty well. I'm not part of the Booster officers, I hope they will vote to add more positions like Historian, because I would love to do that and more. I guess you can say that I'm all in for the long run. I have 4 more years to go, but I'm sure I'll stay active for a while.

Great job creating a place for yourself there! I hope you get to do it all in the coming years. :) It’s over in a flash.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I am having a first world problem. I need to know now what Leander’s theme show colors are going to be next fall so I can put some Kendra Scott earrings in the Leander theme color on my Christmas list.

You can bet that if I had been able to get a pair in bright lime green this summer for this year’s show, I would have.

• 8 months later...

I, too, think my user name tells the story. I'm on the band booster board this year. I've also been one of those "pit parents" schlepping instruments and speakers all over. I'd die before I'd miss a football game. It's a way of life, I'm in 110%, and I'm proud of the kids, the organization, the faculty, and the other geek parents. I wouldn't change a thing.

Ok I am having a first world problem. I need to know now what Leander’s theme show colors are going to be next fall so I can put some Kendra Scott earrings in the Leander theme color on my Christmas list.

You can bet that if I had been able to get a pair in bright lime green this summer for this year’s show, I would have.

I know everyone has been on pins and needles waiting to find out if I found some earrings that will be appropriate for Leander’s Radioactive theme this fall. You will all be so glad to know that I did! They’re not Kendra Scott, but man they’re FUN! :D

post-25583-0-66372500-1564407998_thumb.jpeg

I'm on the board as a "special" fundraiser parent.  I'm also the new voice of the band.  My daughter only does guard but I seem to be involved year round. :)

There's no such thing as "only does guard"  :)   We are having to teach the new guard parents that everything that comes out about marching band this time of year- applies to them with their guard kids too.  lol!

There's no such thing as "only does guard"  :)   We are having to teach the new guard parents that everything that comes out about marching band this time of year- applies to them with their guard kids too.  lol!

HA!  Well, she doesn't play an instrument.  She tried out for guard on a whim and made it. So this is her busy semester!  

Oh my. I think I have just discovered the best possible online purchase a diehard band parent such as myself can’t live without this fall.

https://bynsavestore.com/products/portable-hanging-neck-sports-fan

I wonder if they would monogram it for me in Leander colors...

That is truly brilliant.... 

Just like the waterbottle spritzer fan was brilliant to sell at Disney... its the only way made it through many trips with our youngest having to wait for older siblings when she wasn't tall enough to ride the rides. lol!