Advantages: Fair v. Unfair

BanderThanYou

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes, the Robin Hood plan, Plano has tried to get that reformed for many years.      Plano paid a recapture of $124 million this year.   Over 1.6 Billion paid into it since 1994, which I believe is when it started.   

And if the link below doesn't show you how flawed the system is....  well read for yourself! 

https://abc13.com/education/a-texas-school-district-opened-a-water-park-and-you-paid-for-it/4162905/   

I don't mind the concept of Robin Hood, but I think it needs to be revisited. 

And as for the actual topic,  I think it is great if bands can find additional support thru their communities or sponsorship programs to help level the costs to the programs. 

They only thing I would say is I hope the Band Boosters clubs make sure they have very trustworthy individuals that handle the amount of money they manage now though.  

• 10 months later...

I didn't know where to put this so I figured maybe this topic, but what do y'all think about bands that mic up their band to make them seem louder?

Also, I sincerely apologize to all the bands and txbands members I might've offended with my first post on this topic, I did not mean to offend anyone and I wish all the best for all of the bands mentioned and will be much more aware of the effect my words could have in the future. I edited my first post so it's written in a much more positive way.

Uh oh...I hope the pot doesn't get stirred all over again.  :lol:

No, I know you meant well with your apology.  

• 1 year later...
On 11/14/2018 at 1:59 PM, PSHSMom said:

And as for the actual topic,  I think it is great if bands can find additional support thru their communities or sponsorship programs to help level the costs to the programs. 

They only thing I would say is I hope the Band Boosters clubs make sure they have very trustworthy individuals that handle the amount of money they manage now though.  

Yeah its not a good thing when a band parent of your own band decides to steal 70,000 dollars and use it for gambling across 3 states to cope with divorce. Had that happen to my band back in 2016.