Now that all regions in this area have completed their Marching Contest, These are the bands that will advance to Area D; along with their ratings from each Region. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Region 8-  (8/10 Advanced) 

Belton: 1/1/1

Bryan: 1/1/1

Copperas Cove: 1/1/1

Ellison: 1/1/2

Harker Heights: 1/1/1

Killeen: 1/2/1

Midway: 1/1/1

Temple: 1/1/1

(No Advancement)

Shoemaker: 2/2/2

Waco: 2/2/1

------------------------------------------

Region 12- (11/11 Advanced)

Churchill: 1/1/1

Claudia Taylor Johnson: 1/1/1

Comal Canyon: 1/1/1

Legacy of Educational Excellence: 1/1/1

MacArthur: 1/1/1

Madison: 1/1/1

New Braunfels: 1/1/1

Ronald Reagan: 1/1/1

Roosevelt: 1/1/1

San Marcos: 2/1/1

Smithson Valley: 1/1/1

Region 18- (7/7 Advanced)

Akins: 1/1/1

Anderson: 1/1/1

Austin: 1/1/1

Bowie: 1/1/1

Del Valle: 2/1/1

Jack C. Hays: 1/1/1

Lehman: 1/1/1

Region 26- (6/6 Advanced)

Cedar Ridge: 1/1/1

Hendrickson: 1/1/1

McNeil: 1/1/1

Round Rock: 1/1/1

Stony Point: 1/1/1

Westwood: 1/1/1

----------------------------------------------------------------

32 Advance to Area D, from 34 possible. This means that out of the 32 bands participating, 10 bands will make finals and 6 will be certified to State Prelims. 

Finalist Locks-

Ronald Reagan

Claudia Taylor Johnson

Bowie

Hendrickson

Cedar Ridge

Churchill

Round Rock

Finalist Bubble- 

Westwood

McNeil

Lehman

Jack C. Hays

Comal Canyon

New Braunfels

Madison

MacArthur

Harker Heights

Belton

Stony Point

Anderson

Akins

Smithson Valley

Reason I have the bubble so large is due to the fact many of the placements are only possible by saying "Z band went to this contest, where they beat X band, then X band beat Y band at another contest when Y band just beat W band at another contest". Lots of cross-contest judging comparisons that make having conclusive placements very difficult. The bubble is in a sort of order, but I can legitimately see any band in this bubble making finals based upon the evidence I have seen. 

I Predict these 6 will advance to state, the first two could swap and 3-6 could move around. 

1. Reagan 

2. CTJ

3. Bowie 

4. Hendrickson 

5. Cedar Ridge 

6. Round Rock 

Ok, some notes:

> I predict Reagan takes first place this time around but CTJ could prevent that of course, they are a huge band but have a reserved sound only CTJ has a better quality, but I believe in terms of UIL Reagan is favored in the visual package compared to CTJ this season. 

> James Bowie they will be in third place they are in the process of a minor comeback, after a director change and seem to be in better shape than similar bands like L.D. Bell. 

> Hendrickson: They do better later in the season then they do early season, so they should be hitting their stride. They do better visually then Cedar Ridge so that might allow them to hold on to 4th place. They surprised everyone when they went from 1st in prelims to 8th in finals in 2014, but made a comeback in 2016 staying steady in 4th place. 

> Cedar Ridge: This band always does better than predicted, they have an amazing sound quality that might give them an edge on Round Rock and Henrickson. One thing that Cedar Ridge gets hurt by in the state contest is their size, they are small for a 6A group. Being too small can affect you visually because judges can hone in on small mistakes that large bands can mask better.  

> Round Rock: In 2016 their show seemed more like a UIL show than this season. They are unpredictable when it comes to area, they are lucky because they have a great prelims slot which could allow them to score higher then they would in an early morning slot. For example, Cedar Ridge will be setting the standard at 9 am slot.  

Oh I wanted to state why I put Johnson so low on this list, it’s not because I don’t like the show because I know it will do well come San Antonio, I just don’t think it’s clean enough at the moment to be placed that high in UIL standards. This is a monster show and it just needs a little more time.

Oh I wanted to state why I put Johnson so low on this list, it’s not because I don’t like the show because I know it will do well come San Antonio, I just don’t think it’s clean enough at the moment to be placed that high in UIL standards. This is a monster show and it just needs a little more time.

You are probably correct, UIL rewards cleanliness. BOA is where CTJ will get their due for difficulty and execution being factored in. A little under impressed by the solosists throughout the show so I don’t think think they have the ability to steal the music caption again either.

You are probably correct, UIL rewards cleanliness. BOA is where CTJ will get their due for difficulty and execution being factored in. A little under impressed by the solosists throughout the show so I don’t think think they have the ability to steal the music caption again either.

I don't think soloists count that much if anything to the music caption. They're more a music GE element, with a better performance earning more effect.

I don't think soloists count that much if anything to the music caption. They're more a music GE element, with a better performance earning more effect.

I would say the soloists are one area that we all get to hear what the music individual judge on the field hears. If you'll note in the BOA contests, they absolutely spend time listening closely to the soloists.

For anyone traveling to Heroes Stadium for Area D Marching Contest:

Highway 281 at Loop 1604 will be completely shut down all weekend due to construction.  Most people coming in to the contest will probably be taking I-35, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a little more traffic around the area due to detours.  

Give yourself extra time to get to the contest and be safe :)

I'll be there but I'll be on one of the buses with our band, probably with be with the clarinets and flutes. 

My friend texted me.Her kid is in the Reagan band. She said,"We had a scare tonight. The guard bus was sideswiped by a hit and run driver on the way to the game. Fortunately no one was hurt!"

Thank the Lord for mercy! So scary. Grateful everyone is ok. I hope those kids take some Aleve tonight. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but hey! People out there on the roads! Drive safe!

My friend texted me.Her kid is in the Reagan band. She said,"We had a scare tonight. The guard bus was sideswiped by a hit and run driver on the way to the game. Fortunately no one was hurt!"

Thank the Lord for mercy! So scary. Grateful everyone is ok. I hope those kids take some Aleve tonight. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but hey! People out there on the roads! Drive safe!

Really glad everyone is okay! Side note...I was at the Reagan game and as expected...they have filled in the gaps in their show and I was completely blown away...even more than I already was