Songs you love to see in a program

• 1 month later...

Ok! I've been obsessed with this song/music for several weeks now! its Danny Elfman's Senerada Schizophrana I Pianos. 

In the video, 1:19 through 1:30 sounds sooo familiar. I am certain a band has played that before but I cant think of the bands name. I think parts of this music could just work so well on the field

Ok! I've been obsessed with this song/music for several weeks now! its Danny Elfman's Senerada Schizophrana I Pianos.

In the video, 1:19 through 1:30 sounds sooo familiar. I am certain a band has played that before but I cant think of the bands name. I think parts of this music could just work so well on the field

I think Tomball Memorial might have used it in 2018? Idk if 8to5brass is still around but he’d be able to confirm one way or the other

Yes, it was definitely LD Bell.

Their music:

Valhalla - Daniel James

Serenada Schizophrana, mvt 1 Pianos - Danny Elfman

Enjoy the Silence- Depeche Mode (Eric Whitacre ver.)

Now We Are Free- Hans Zimmer

I've said it before and I have to restate given the relevancy that they had my favorite music book of the season.

Yes, it was definitely LD Bell.

Their music:

Valhalla - Daniel James

Serenada Schizophrana, mvt 1 Pianos - Danny Elfman

Enjoy the Silence- Depeche Mode (Eric Whitacre ver.)

Now We Are Free- Hans Zimmer

I've said it before and I have to restate given the relevancy that they had my favorite music book of the season.

I personally believe LD Bell had a huge comeback season that was very slept on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, SpartanMarcher said:

I think Tomball Memorial might have used it in 2018? Idk if 8to5brass is still around but he’d be able to confirm one way or the other

Yes we did use it in our 2018 show, but we put a twist on it as that was kinda the theme of our show was twisted.

5 hours ago, 8to5brass said:

Yes we did use it in our 2018 show, but we put a twist on it as that was kinda the theme of our show was twisted.

Was that Claire de Loon? Really enjoyed that show at UIL region. I wish Tomball Memorial would branch a bit more in terms of contest schedule! Yall are a really strong band!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, bigbandfan9 said:

I am such a SUCKER for any arrangement of A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman. I also think it would be really cool to hear Slow Dancing in the Dark by Joji as a ballad. It would be tricky to arrange but has a lot of potential in my opinion.

SFA did a million dreams as their opener this past season! 

My band did A Million Dreams as our closer for our show in 2018. We had a singer and then at the end, we pulled out colored silks out of our uniform and made a rainbow across the field. Im sorry but its the best ending of a show ive seen. So biased but i dont care. Haha

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, vbassoon said:

Medea's Dance of Vengeance.

I take it you haven't been to a marching contest before ??

In all seriousness, there are too many examples of this piece being performed on the field, but I'll drop a few of my favorite uses in DCI and marching band:

Carolina Crown 2016

Star of Indiana 1993

Claudia Taylor Johnson 2017

Cedar Park 2008

If you want to hear more, just go to any band contest, you'll hear it at least twice

3 hours ago, abtwitch said:

In all seriousness, there are too many examples of this piece being performed on the field, but I'll drop a few of my favorite uses in DCI and marching band:

Carolina Crown 2016

Star of Indiana 1993

Cedar Park 2008

If you want to hear more, just go to any band contest, you'll hear it at least twice

To be fair, thread title is "Songs you love to see in a program", not "Songs you WOULD love to see..."

7 hours ago, abtwitch said:

Carolina Crown 2016

Star of Indiana 1993

Cedar Park 2008

I meant I love seeing it be performed in shows.