DCI 2018

MadisonBandMan1

The level of performance displayed Saturday night was beyond impressive. Vanguard had people physically shaking with their sound.

Can we get a "Cherry on DCI Southwest," please? I sadly had to miss the competition again this year so had to stick to here and the dcp forum to get some commentary, but I want more. Also, you have some things to tell us, remember? Lastly, there is only a week left until our marching season starts, so I suspect you have a multitude of beans to spill. :mellow:  :wacko:

This is such an amazing year in DCI. I can't think of another year that has had the bar raised like it has this year. The demands required of the performers is at a level not seen before. I've been a DCI fan since the mid 1970's and this is truly a special year. Another thing I am happy about this year is that there is a lot of movement among the corps and several jumping up to new levels for their organization. I have been waiting for this to happen for years. I'm wishing for the same to happen in BOA this fall as well.

This is such an amazing year in DCI. I can't think of another year that has had the bar raised like it has this year. The demands required of the performers is at a level not seen before. I've been a DCI fan since the mid 1970's and this is truly a special year. Another thing I am happy about this year is that there is a lot of movement among the corps and several jumping up to new levels for their organization. I have been waiting for this to happen for years. I'm wishing for the same to happen in BOA this fall as well.

I'm so glad you have this view unlike the complete dinosaurs of DCP who are truly stick-in-the-mud fuddy duddies.

I'm so glad you have this view unlike the complete dinosaurs of DCP who are truly stick-in-the-mud fuddy duddies.

I've been around for a long time, but that doesn't mean that I am old! I like innovation and try my best to keep my mind open to changes. If something just sucks, then it's always a bad thing, but I like it when people push the envelope in a quality way. I'm ready for woodwinds in DCI!

Hearing some reports of insanely long lines to get in to the Mesquite show tonight.  It looks like an abnormally large amount of tickets had to be held at will-call because no print-at-home option was available for the tickets.  The extreme heat was affecting the scanners so many people who bought tickets online had to stand in line and get their online purchase verified at the box office.   

Hearing some reports of insanely long lines to get in to the Mesquite show tonight. It looks like an abnormally large amount of tickets had to be held at will-call because no print-at-home option was available for the tickets. The extreme heat was affecting the scanners so many people who bought tickets online had to stand in line and get their online purchase verified at the box office.

I hope it’s not 115 like it was here a couple hours ago. I’m done with this heat. And so grateful I saw this years corps indoors!

I heard the lines at will call were terrible too at DCI Mesquite I know my son said it was so packed he hasn't gone to get anything to eat as it is just too busy and he would miss too much. Although he did say a friend was sharing snacks and he brought water. Of course if he listened to Mom he would have brought his own snacks, LOL.

Just bummed I didn’t see you or Sanchez and hug your necks! I’ll see you both in September for sure.

We saw you with your people, but when we went to go say hello, you all weren't there!!!!

I really hope I can meet yall this year. I hope you go to the area D marching contest at heroes stadium this year or to one of the madison football games, daniel. Speaking of football, @LeanderMomma,we have a game against James Bowie up in austin on friday, 9/7 if you happen to be up to going.

I heard the lines at will call were terrible too at DCI Mesquite I know my son said it was so packed he hasn't gone to get anything to eat as it is just too busy and he would miss too much. Although he did say a friend was sharing snacks and he brought water. Of course if he listened to Mom he would have brought his own snacks, LOL.

Momma knows, child!!!

I really hope I can meet yall this year. I hope you go to the area D marching contest at heroes stadium this year or to one of the madison football games, daniel. Speaking of football, @LeanderMomma,we have a game against James Bowie up in austin on friday, 9/7 if you happen to be up to going.

Ohhh! I will definitely keep that in mind! Are y’all coming up this fall for BOA Austin or Texas Marching Classic? The first time I fell in love with a Madison show was in 2014 at one of those two places. They started on the field laid out in a huge argyle pattern. Those orange plumes really made it quite a vision. And I remember thinking, wow that band is HUGE! :D

So how does Phantom Regiment tie for 6th place when they didn't even complete?   I was just looking at the scores and noticed they had them as 6th across the board? 

My son enjoyed himself last night but said he doesn't think that stadium was big enough for the event, just way too crowded.   
He ended up missing the Cavies and the Blue Devils because he finally decided he needed food after 9 pm.   His favorite was Crown,
but he said they all were good.  

I have been to that stadium about 4 years ago for a competition and I just remember getting in and out of the parking lot was difficult, but I don't 
remember it being small.   I am sure all the late arrivals because of the Will Call situation and last minute ticket buyers made it more confusing than it normally would have been. 
I know I would have gone up there an bought a ticket if I could have convinced my husband to go.  It ended up being a rather nice night outside :) 

So how does Phantom Regiment tie for 6th place when they didn't even complete?   I was just looking at the scores and noticed they had them as 6th across the board? 

My son enjoyed himself last night but said he doesn't think that stadium was big enough for the event, just way too crowded.   

He ended up missing the Cavies and the Blue Devils because he finally decided he needed food after 9 pm.   His favorite was Crown,

but he said they all were good.  

The software used to tabulate scores, CompetitionSuite, just had Phantom Regiment as a placeholder instead of deleting the corps entirely from the score sheet.  Glad he got fed finally!  I heard the Whataburger nearby was busy with corps members trying to get their fix in before leaving Texas!