DCI 2018

MadisonBandMan1

Interesting that SCV took the lead last night. This year has been way more back and forth than last year, when the BD pretty much ran away with it. I can’t wait to see how this all plays out!

Oh my goodness I just realized something. I’m going to be in Indianapolis either right before or right after the championship! Wish I could attend!!

I also just realized that I use exclamation points. A lot. :D

Is it Saturday yet??

Interesting that SCV took the lead last night. This year has been way more back and forth than last year, when the BD pretty much ran away with it. I can’t wait to see how this all plays out!

I'm surprised how high these scores are!  Usually at the San Antonio contest, you see one or two programs top 90.  There is a real possibility that you could see four groups top that 90 mark on Saturday.  

I'm surprised how high these scores are! Usually at the San Antonio contest, you see one or two programs top 90. There is a real possibility that you could see four groups top that 90 mark on Saturday.

Scores in general seem to be on the rise these last few years. Are bands and corps just really upping their game, or are the more recent scores just a bit inflated? In your humble opinion of course.

Scores in general seem to be on the rise these last few years. Are bands and corps just really upping their game, or are the more recent scores just a bit inflated? In your humble opinion of course.

IMHO the programs really ARE just getting that much better. More and more risks are being taken, and everyone is pushing eachother past their limits. It's truly amazing to watch. Yesterday I looked up some of the recaps from the last few years at this event, and I noticed that in '14 when the blue devils had that nearly perfect score they only scored an 87 here, but last year they scored over 90. And to think that most of these shows still have some big changes coming. I did however read on another forum that the scoring cap is 110 now because of an 11th judge. I don't know if that is true because I don't know the rules of dci, but if it is, maybe that says something.

IMHO the programs really ARE just getting that much better. More and more risks are being taken, and everyone is pushing eachother past their limits. It's truly amazing to watch. Yesterday I looked up some of the recaps from the last few years at this event, and I noticed that in '14 when the blue devils had that nearly perfect score they only scored an 87 here, but last year they scored over 90. And to think that most of these shows still have some big changes coming. I did however read on another forum that the scoring cap is 110 now because of an 11th judge. I don't know if that is true because I don't know the rules of dci, but if it is, maybe that says something.

That’s not true. There have been 11 judges at major events for a while now and the cap has been and remains 100. DCI recalibrated after BD 2014, but the activity has grown even more in just four years!

I think we may have a second and third place score record this summer!

That’s not true. There have been 11 judges at major events for a while now and the cap has been and remains 100. DCI recalibrated after BD 2014, but the activity has grown even more in just four years!

I think we may have a second and third place score record this summer!

I'm loving it!  Heck, I'm still pumped over Leander's huge winning score at WGI finals this past April.  That was SOMETHIN!

It's going to be miserable tomorrow at DCI Denton with a forecast high of 107. Heck, yesterday my car still read 100 degrees at 10pm. Have they ever delayed or cancelled a DCI event due to heat?

They delayed an event earlier this year due to the heat (although I don't remember which one), but I have never heard of them cancelling one.

They delayed an event earlier this year due to the heat (although I don't remember which one), but I have never heard of them cancelling one.

A few contests in the Midwest were delayed an hour due to excessive heat. I would not be surprised if both Denton and Belton contests tomorrow were delayed because the Earth was roasting.

It's going to be miserable tomorrow at DCI Denton with a forecast high of 107. Heck, yesterday my car still read 100 degrees at 10pm. Have they ever delayed or cancelled a DCI event due to heat?

It’s hot as heck for sure! I’m so glad Saturday is going to be an indoor competition. Geez Louise it’s rough right now. And I’m working an outdoor camp all next week. And these poor band kids with their upcoming band camps. Man.

Belton temperature at Show Time tomorrow - 104 Degrees

Denton temperature at Show Time tomorrow - 108 Degrees

If are you going out to these events, please drink all the water all day long.  Hit up that sunscreen hard and wear loose/light-colored clothing.  Be careful out there and enjoy the show!

Belton temperature at Show Time tomorrow - 104 Degrees
Denton temperature at Show Time tomorrow - 108 Degrees

If are you going out to these events, please drink all the water all day long.  Hit up that sunscreen hard and wear loose/light-colored clothing.  Be careful out there and enjoy the show!

Forget the sunscreen, get an umbrella and sit at the top of the stadium for optimal shade and to not block people's view. (don't really forget the sunscreen though lol) THAT MEANS YOU DANIEL  :D

They where showing/interviewing the Cavaliers in the news last night. I do believe they have delayed the start of the competition in Denton due to heat.

But it will still be 100 degrees at 10 om, LOL.

Monday in Mesquite will be toasty too, I know my son's band (or the kids who chose to go) are going to that.

BREAKING NEWS:

https://www.dci.org/news/excessive-texas-heat-will-delay-start-of-belton-and-denton-events

- Delayed start for both Belton and Denton contests.
- No uniforms for the corps.  Groups will still perform their shows, but they will be wearing rehearsal attire.
- No scores tonight for both contests.  Tapes and commentary will still be provided.  
- The Academy has pulled out of the Denton contest tonight due to a stomach bug being passed around their members.