DCI 2018

MadisonBandMan1

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY PRELIMS SHOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The top 15 corps will be shown LIVE in select theaters today!!! Below is a link with all the locations! Grab some Recee's Pieces and get your face blown off!!!

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/dci-big-loud-and-live-15/theaters

It’s so much better live though. I feel like I really have already experienced the best just by having seen DCI at San Antonio a few weeks back. I will definitely watch finals on FloMarching, but it will not be the same.

Looking forward to seeing finals tonight on The Flo! I'm hoping it's a glitch free experience.

Same here! I just hope they can get the mics placed so that we don't miss do many of the group's soloist. Kind of a drag not getting to really hear Santa Clara's soloist very well in the prelims and semis. Same with Mandarins and a few others.

Yep, couldn't hear the Mandarins baritone solo - 3rd time in a row. Flo Marching doesn't compensate for the groups that place their speakers further toward the crowd, so they have their mics behind the speakers and the solos are virtually unheard. Sadly, the DVD's and CD's for this season will likely have this flaw. This will really suck for Santa Clara.

Of all corps for the stream to screw up in, why SCV? Thankfully it was only for a minute or so. They just blew me away. I don't think there's any question who just won

It's a sports company. It had sound and I'm sure that they feel they met the requirements. It was for more than a minute and affected the stream for other corps as well.

Actually they did jack the price to 49.99 plus tax! I had a big snafu with my yearly subscription so when they offered me renewal options (after the renewal processed to my credit card...) I was the pricing structure did reflect an increase during DCI season.

The best value, at least last year, was to purchase the yearly subscription. I was able to get all of the BOA season and DCI season for $150.

All I know is that about half way through the SCV closer, I looked at my kids and said "There's your champion....just shut it down....no one's beating that". 

A few takeaways....

• I liked the Blue Devils show better than SCV but SCV's execution could not be matched. 
  • How 'bout those Crusaders!!!! 
  • The Cavaliers literally gave me goosebumps
  • I can't say enough about that SCV closer......good grief.

I have an middle schooler who has his sights set on SCV drumline.  I will do everything in my power to make that happen for him but I told him it's up to him to get there.