2018 BOA San Antonio?

First Three Blocks Stand Outs 

Block 1: Hendrickson: They set the stage for the rest of the contest, a well-rounded group, show seems to lack from last years but still great. (Possible Finalist) 

Block 2: Seven Lakes: Great Show and seem's to be well executed, they are certainly on their way up.

Block 3: Cedar Ridge: This group has amazing sound quality for their size, their percussion is outstanding those left hands are no joke! may be hurt by general effect however, it is so good musically would be surprised if they don't make finals. (Possible Finalist )      

Round Rock: Musically very strong and always pushes the general effect may help them slide into finals. (Maybe Finals)

Westlake: is a band that never ceases to amaze me, they deserved that third-place finish at area. 

Did anyone else find it a bit strange that Legacy of Educational Excellence depicted their guard actually aiming their rifles at each other and one of them killing another one? I just thought it was very un-PC for a school that literally changed their name to something so long and difficult to say in an attempt to be PC.

I dont meant this to offend them. I just found it quite odd because until now I have never thought of the rifles really as weapons.

So what bands are wild cards this year? For me, I have Haltom, Hendrickson, LD Bell, Cy Fair and Seven Lakes as possibilities for the last few final spots.

Final Finalist Predictions :

Advance Outright---

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

Hebron H.S., TX

Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX

Flower Mound H.S., TX

Keller H.S., TX

Hendrickson H.S., TX

Leander H.S., TX

The Woodlands H.S., TX

Vandegrift H.S., TX

Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Next 4 Advancement--

Cedar Park H.S., TX

James Bowie H.S., TX

Cedar Ridge H.S., TX

Marcus H.S., TX

Fighting to take a spot from the next 4-

Westlake H.S., TX

LD Bell H.S., TX

Round Rock H.S., TX

Timber Creek H.S., TX

Pearland H.S., TX

Winston Churchill H.S., TX

Oak Ridge H.S., TX

Coppell H.S., TX

Westwood H.S., TX

Haltom H.S., TX 

Jack C. Hays H.S., TX

Seven Lakes H.S., TX  

Prosper H.S., TX

New Braunfels H.S., TX

Smithson Valley H.S., TX

I had those as my contenders going into the contest, not necessarily current ranking. 

Watching from high cam, I thought Vandegrift both looked and sounded better than Flower Mound from a technical standpoint, but I do think Flower Mound had the more interesting and effective show. Also, it should be noted that half of the ensemble visual caption is devoted to visual artistry, so it's not about pure cleanliness.

I loved Alexander at McAllen and they have totally outdone themselves here. What a fantastic performance. Very few shows that I have seen are able to affect me the way that one did in a way that didnt come across as cheesy or overly dramatic and they performed so well. Also, fantastic vocalist. Usually I cant stand vocalists in marching band shows.

I think the psychedelic garden is actually multi-cellular life. The show starts with single-cells scattered across the field, during certain times, the cells meet up, and sometimes they connect, creating more complex forms. Ultimately all the cells come together forming complex cells and more complex life. My take on the theme of Floridly Primordial....

I think the psychedelic garden is actually multi-cellular life. The show starts with single-cells scattered across the field, during certain times, the cells meet up, and sometimes they connect, creating more complex forms. Ultimately all the cells come together forming complex cells and more complex life. My take on the theme of Floridly Primordial....

The name certainly would imply something of the sort. Whether intra- or inter- cellular I suppose is up to interpretation. I thought of it as within a single cell.

Okay, so there's no Korzeniowski music at all in Leander's show? Where did I get that idea from? That would explain why I was so confused I didn't recognize anything from him. Okay, and that beginning music I didn't recognize must have been the Metallica.

A fine performance from Leander. I maintain that the last movement is the most effective. So sexy! I do think that it could have been a little cleaner from start to finish.

Reagan, Reagan, Reagan. I still love the music book, and there are some very nice visual moments indeed. I just wish it was a bit cleaner. There was noticeable dirt from start to finish. I love the ribbon flags at the end. Very eye-popping. I don't know if the additional ending adds all that much to the show, though. Still a top contender.

My mind is beginning to change... Go figure...

Okay, so there's no Korzeniowski music at all in Leander's show? Where did I get that idea from? That would explain why I was so confused I didn't recognize anything from him. Okay, and that beginning music I didn't recognize must have been the Metallica.

A fine performance from Leander. I maintain that the last movement is the most effective. So sexy! I do think that it could have been a little cleaner from start to finish.

Reagan, Reagan, Reagan. I still love the music book, and there are some very nice visual moments indeed. I just wish it was a bit cleaner. There was noticeable dirt from start to finish. I love the ribbon flags at the end. Very eye-popping. I don't know if the additional ending adds all that much to the show, though. Still a top contender.

My mind is beginning to change... Go figure...

I think the Korzeniowski piece was originally going to be in the show, but was changed. The Metallica song is called "Battery" by the way ;D