2018 BOA San Antonio?

It's a shame that when something doesn't go a school's way, we have parents on here blaming judges and discrediting kids. Westlake probably worked very hard to get to the point that they are at now so it is quite inconsiderate to consistently say it was a fluke 2 performances and the judges messed up. Show some class

I'm sorry, I missed the part where she said that Westlake didn't deserve to go. She made a joke. You know what a joke is, right? Lighten up!

It's a shame that when something doesn't go a school's way, we have parents on here blaming judges and discrediting kids. Westlake probably worked very hard to get to the point that they are at now so it is quite inconsiderate to consistently say it was a fluke 2 performances and the judges messed up. Show some class

It's a shame we have people who create accounts just to chastize someone for a joke. Show some humor

It’s all good. Folks are crazy sensitive right now and that’s to be expected. I apologize if I offended any Westlake band kids here in this forum. They absolutely work as hard as anyone and they deserved to place in the upper tier on Saturday night in Area H. I’m grateful for the rule that allows a fourth band to go if they were given 3s by at least 3 of the judges. It worked out well for both bands.

It’s all good. Folks are crazy sensitive right now and that’s to be expected. I apologize if I offended any Westlake band kids here in this forum. They absolutely work as hard as anyone and they deserved to place in the upper tier on Saturday night in Area H. I’m grateful for the rule that allows a fourth band to go if they were given 3s by at least 3 of the judges. It worked out well for both bands.

Oh sure, backtrack now! :P :P :P

We don't know the exact judges yet, but Jeremiah should have the code cracked by the time the second panel finishes.

Yes, they don't announce which judges make up which panel in advance, but it's pretty easy to tell who is on the field judging, and I can usually scope out who is in the box with a zoom lens. We'll post the panels here once we decipher.

I’m ready to have my mind blown again this weekend. Is it Friday yet?!

This is my 11th year as a Leander Band Dad and attending this SA Super Regional.  I have always loved the spirit of teamwork and genuine desire from all to see all programs do well.  Even though our youngest has experienced more success lately with the program than his older siblings, I remember all too well how it felt when we never knew if we were going to make finals.  Being part a "bubble band" for several years has helped me appreciate what a privilege it is to make finals regularly.  In addition, it allows me to appreciate what all the band parents are feeling this weekend.  I hope everyone does well and has a great experience with their kiddos.  I love being a "Band Dad" and enjoy the community that we are all part of.

This is my 11th year as a Leander Band Dad and attending this SA Super Regional.  I have always loved the spirit of teamwork and genuine desire from all to see all programs do well.  Even though our youngest has experienced more success lately with the program than his older siblings, I remember all too well how it felt when we never knew if we were going to make finals.  Being part a "bubble band" for several years has helped me appreciate what a privilege it is to make finals regularly.  In addition, it allows me to appreciate what all the band parents are feeling this weekend.  I hope everyone does well and has a great experience with their kiddos.  I love being a "Band Dad" and enjoy the community that we are all part of.

You are so very blessed to have been in the program for such an extended time period!  Neither of my older girls was in band so I had no idea what I was missing.

We were fortunate to enter the program at a time of super growth for the LHS band.  My baby girl's freshman year was 2013, and they didn't even make finals at San Antonio (tho they were only one spot out which is nothing to be ashamed of).  Then we had our breakout year in 2014 which was such an amazing thing to experience.  Her Senior year was the band's first trip to Grand Nats in nearly 20 years, so that was an incredible way to cap off our brief experience as an active band family.  

Now I'm a forever fan!!!