2018 BOA San Antonio?

Can anyone do further than 14? Like top 20 or 30?

I’ll try top 25

1.Reagan

2.CTJ

3.Hebron

4.Flowermound

5. Vista Ridge

6. Vandegrift

7. Leander

8. Woodlands

9. Keller

10. Bowie

11. Cedar Park

12. Marcus

13. Cedar Ridge

14. Seven Lakes

15. Hendrickson

16. Oak Ridge

17. LD Bell

18. Timber Creek

19. Round Rock

20. JET

21. Pearland

22.Churchill

23. Haltom

24. Prosper

25. Waxahachie

I’ll try top 25

1.Reagan

2.CTJ

3.Hebron

4.Flowermound

5. Vista Ridge

6. Vandegrift

7. Leander

8. Woodlands

9. Keller

10. Bowie

11. Cedar Park

12. Marcus

13. Cedar Ridge

14. Seven Lakes

15. Hendrickson

16. Oak Ridge

17. LD Bell

18. Timber Creek

19. Round Rock

20. JET

21. Pearland

22.Churchill

23. Haltom

24. Prosper

25. Waxahachie

The next 25 please?

Holy cow, Vista freaking Ridge. I finally watched a video of their show and I am so impressed. I would not be surprised at all if they came through and won this whole thing. That ballad is just glorious.

My favorites, of the shows I’ve seen this year, to take medals (in no particular order):

Vista Ridge

Reagan

Hebron

Leander

I’m sure CTJ and FloMo will be in there pushing for medals as well, I just don’t like their shows that much this year.

Here are the schools who have BOA SA on their calendars:

Returning finalists:

• Johnson, San Antonio
  • Vandegrift, Austin
  • Reagan, San Antonio
  • Cedar Park
  • Keller
  • Hendrickson, Pflugerville
  • The Woodlands
  • Cedar Ridge, Round Rock
  • Leander

Other returning:

• Vista Ridge, Cedar Park
  • Round Rock
  • Westwood, Austin (source: current student)
  • Churchill, San Antonio
  • Wylie
  • Timber Creek, Fort Worth
  • Coppell
  • Oak Ridge, Conroe
  • Clear Brook, Friendswood
  • Friendswood (No specific contest listed, but makes regular appearances)
  • Keller Central
  • Aledo
  • Martin, Arlington
  • Lopez, Brownsville
  • Katy
  • Rouse, Leander
  • Madison, San Antonio
  • Lehman, Kyle
  • Tom Glenn, Leander

Other:

• Prosper
  • McNeil, Austin
  • United, Laredo
  • Taft, San Antonio
  • Haltom, Haltom City
  • Alexander, Laredo
  • The Colony
Not confirmed, but still very likely:

Finalists:

• Hebron, Carrollton
  • Flower Mound
  • Marcus, Flower Mound
  • Bowie, Austin

Other:

• L.D. Bell, Hurst
  • Pearland
  • Plano East
  • Westlake, Austin
  • Pflugerville
  • College Park, The Woodlands
  • O'Connor, Helotes
  • Lake Travis, Austin
  • Alvin
  • Juarez-Lincoln, Mission
  • Anderson, Austin
Others that went for the first time/goes every other year that still might return:
  • Klein Oak, Spring (first year, 2017)
  • Cy-Fair (every other year odds)
  • Cypress Falls (finalist, 2016)
  • Dripping Springs (first year, 2016)
  • Klein Forest, Houston (first year, 2016)
  • New Braunfels (first year since 2011, 2017)
  • Seven Lakes (every other year odds)
  • Southwest (AA Champion, 2017)
  • Weiss, Pflugerville (A Champion, 2017)

This contest is already looking to be very competitive, super bummed I won't be able to go again this year.

Edit 1: Confirmation for Hendrickson from insider

Edit 2: Updates from the thread (The Woodlands, Madison, Haltom, Anderson)

Edit 3: More calendar stalking

2016 was not dripping springs first time to be at boa san Antonio.

Predictions as of the conclusion of many major UIL regional competitions.

1. Flowermound/TWHS

2. Flowermound/TWHS

3. CTJ

4. Leander

5. Reagan

6. Vandegrift

7. Hebron

8. Vista Ridge

9. Keller

10. Cedar Park

11. James Bowie

12. Cedar Ridge

13. Oak Ridge

14. Marcus/College Park

Following up on my previous predictions after seeing area at area F, and watching some performances from B, H, E, and D.

First two stay the same. These two are on fire this year, and to be honest, whichever band cleans more this last week will take the gold. It’s that close.

3-6. Vandegrift swaps with Leander. CTJ and Reagan stay the same. This weekend I saw both Leander and Vandegrift’s shows. I’m honestly astounded that Leander almost didn’t advance to state. They have a show that should put them in. Vandegrift did very well, and while Vista won, I’m not convinced that they will place higher than 5th.

All others roughly stay the same.

What’s up with the schedule online? Is there a super block to finish prelims that is 5.5 hours long?

I know!  Looks funky.  However, the judging panel changes over to Panel 2 starting with The Woodlands.  There's just no 15 minute break between changing panels for that last block.

Vista Ridge will definitely play wildcard this weekend and beyond. I think there’s a very loosely agreed upon top half(ish) of finals, and bottom half/bubble. Vista Ridge can easily fall in either of those categories. While VR is having an unprecedented season by their standards, the hesitance to place them in the top half is reasonable given the fact that their highest placement at this contest is 14th, and have only made finals once. Personally, I feel the hype for a potential medal at UIL is reasonable (but maybe optimistic), given the right performance, but think they will hover around the top/half bottom half bubble for BOA SA, as they have generally historically struggled in GE captions. Which half they are in will depend a bit on how this dual judge panel scoring works out. If they can squeeze into the top half despite their early performance time on Saturday…Their finals run could certainly turn some heads. Otherwise, I think a top 10 finish for the history of this program would be phenomenal in itself.

Vista Ridge will definitely play wildcard this weekend and beyond. I think there’s a very loosely agreed upon top half(ish) of finals, and bottom half/bubble. Vista Ridge can easily fall in either of those categories. While VR is having an unprecedented season by their standards, the hesitance to place them in the top half is reasonable given the fact that their highest placement at this contest is 14th, and have only made finals once. Personally, I feel the hype for a potential medal at UIL is reasonable (but maybe optimistic), given the right performance, but think they will hover around the top/half bottom half bubble for BOA SA, as they have generally historically struggled in GE captions. Which half they are in will depend a bit on how this dual judge panel scoring works out. If they can squeeze into the top half despite their early performance time on Saturday…Their finals run could certainly turn some heads. Otherwise, I think a top 10 finish for the history of this program would be phenomenal in itself.

They're already having a historical run. It's insane to watch. Go VR.

Im predicting some pretty crazy stuff happening. Haltom, Coppell, Timber Creek, all potential finalists with their amazing shows this year. Vista ridge competing with the top. Marcus perhaps doing very well, despite their recent downward trend. LD coming back from their area mishap. This is gonna be a bloodbath, truly.

Im predicting some pretty crazy stuff happening. Haltom, Coppell, Timber Creek, all potential finalists with their amazing shows this year. Vista ridge competing with the top. Marcus perhaps doing very well, despite their recent downward trend. LD coming back from their area mishap. This is gonna be a bloodbath, truly.

The fight for the 14th spot is going to be absolutely insane, can’t wait to see it.