2018 BOA San Antonio?

Girl, you gotta take off work on Friday and come on down Thursday evening!  There are always some of the best bands with Friday performances.  You gotta take it ALL in!   :D

I am taking Friday off, but will be driving most the day.   We bowl Thursday night and just getting hubby to attend BOA is one thing, for two days I don't think

he would be go!   I think last year he had to work until like 11 am so we didn't get out early enough, maybe I can talk him into leaving at 5 am or something so we can at least

get there by 10 am or so.   We'll see...  I have to work him into it, LOL.   

Flower Mound may not want to get a 9:00am Saturday draw.. aka LD Bell... that’s a tough one to have Friday night game, an early wake up for a 5:00 hr bus ride and then compete...tired. It might be smart to pick Friday to avoid the game if your school is far enough from SA

I am taking Friday off, but will be driving most the day. We bowl Thursday night and just getting hubby to attend BOA is one thing, for two days I don't think

he would be go! I think last year he had to work until like 11 am so we didn't get out early enough, maybe I can talk him into leaving at 5 am or something so we can at least

get there by 10 am or so. We'll see... I have to work him into it, LOL.

Haha, I totally understand! Well, get there as fast as you can. Just drop the hubs off at the Cabelas in Buda. Or Buccees. :D

Flower Mound may not want to get a 9:00am Saturday draw.. aka LD Bell... that’s a tough one to have Friday night game, an early wake up for a 5:00 hr bus ride and then compete...tired. It might be smart to pick Friday to avoid the game if your school is far enough from SA

That was a pretty early time for LD Bell last year, like 7:15 am or something!     

In 2013, which was the only time Flower Mound missed San Antonio finals since they began competing in BOA events in 2011, they had a 7:45 a.m. Saturday slot, second band of the day. The previous night, they had performed at the Mound Showdown game against Marcus, a crazy game that went into triple OT. I can vouch that was a tired bunch of kids for their prelims performance, though I would not necessarily say it was the cause of them missing finals that year.

In 2013, which was the only time Flower Mound missed San Antonio finals since they began competing in BOA events in 2011, they had a 7:45 a.m. Saturday slot, second band of the day. The previous night, they had performed at the Mound Showdown game against Marcus, a crazy game that went into triple OT. I can vouch that was a tired bunch of kids for their prelims performance, though I would not necessarily say it was the cause of them missing finals that year.

That didn't likely help, but they just didn't perform well enough to make the cut. Things were very different at that time and Round Rock was 9th, Reagan was 11th, Vandegrift was 12th, Cedar Park was 13th, Cedar Ridge was 14th, Leander was 15th (the first one out of finals), Flower Mound was 18th, Keller was 28th, and Hendrickson was 29th. What a drastic landscape we have today! Round Rock would have very a hard time beating any of these bands today.

I just can't imagine Flower Mound having to drive all the way back for the football game that night, that's at least a 4-5 hour drive (more in traffic).  It just surprised me.   I'm not saying schools don't

do it, it's most the North Texas schools normally have been on Saturday.  I hope they don't have to drive back for the game that night, that would be a pretty brutal schedule for those kids, especially since

I can assume they will be doing to state the following week too!       

They won't have to drive back.  They'll be performing late Friday.

From what I understand, they had an early Saturday draw, and got permission to skip the game Friday to avoid the late night ride, early morning performance.

From what I hear, FloMo isn't the only DFW power program that will be performing Friday night.

I heard their Friday football opponent, Coppell, will be there Friday as well, for the same reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

just bought my BOA SA VIP tickets - let the games begin - as we appear to say every year - it will be a blood bath in the dome - and I wanted good seats to see it all first hand

I've thought about buying those, but at least one of my daughters goes with me and I hate to pay for more than one of those VIP tickets.  Plus, I like to sit in front of the press box on the top row.  I do miss goofing off with the TX Bands guys, but they will occasionally come join us peons down in the GA section.   :lol:

I've thought about buying those, but at least one of my daughters goes with me and I hate to pay for more than one of those VIP tickets.  Plus, I like to sit in front of the press box on the top row.  I do miss goofing off with the TX Bands guys, but they will occasionally come join us peons down in the GA section.   :lol:

Hey!  Only three more weeks!

You order them through http://www.musicforall.org/what-we-do/boa-marching-championships/vip-experience

I decided to slum in section 313, row 1.

Wow, I didn't even realize you could even get those!    I was just looking at the $52 ones for the 2 prelim days and the finals. 

Don't think I could talk the hubby into the VIP ones, LOL.     I have to wait though as I am not sure who all is attending with me, other than me :)    Pretty sure my youngest son will be there, but still trying to convince others to go with us!  

I've thought about buying those, but at least one of my daughters goes with me and I hate to pay for more than one of those VIP tickets. Plus, I like to sit in front of the press box on the top row. I do miss goofing off with the TX Bands guys, but they will occasionally come join us peons down in the GA section. :lol:

Hey sorry to interject into this conversation and in the wrong place (I just saw they you were online today so I figured you would come back to this topic) but I would like to offer you and anyone else who lives in Austin to come to the Bowie v. Madison game tonight at “burger” stadium. I personally can’t wait to see the Bowie band given how amazing they are. Hope to see you there!

Wow, I didn't even realize you could even get those!    I was just looking at the $52 ones for the 2 prelim days and the finals. 

Don't think I could talk the hubby into the VIP ones, LOL.     I have to wait though as I am not sure who all is attending with me, other than me :)    Pretty sure my youngest son will be there, but still trying to convince others to go with us!  

My wife would also object, as she has to stay with the band. I would get the evil eye if I did that without her... :D  

My wife would also object, as she has to stay with the band. I would get the evil eye if I did that without her... :D

i got that a few years ago when my wife was a chaperone  - the joy of not having kids in any program is that we both get to hang out and watch all the bands and i take my computer so I can comment on this site during the shows