2018 6A State

Those of you who have seen Keller live before, I ask you to pay attention to the individual performers this time around. You’ll notice that they put ever ounce of their emotions into their shows, and you can feel it. They sell every little part, and that’s part of what makes them so special to me, not to mention their character off of the field. Definitely one of my favorite programs, alongside FloMo.

First time seeing Coppell ever since 2014. Wow, their brass is very powerful! Especially how powerful their low brass is for such an early time. Blew me away! 

Music was great, visuals were MUCH better than when I last saw them. Am I just overhyping this, or are they really that good? I know they had a complete director change recently, but I'm surprised how they're able to still be competitive. 

I know they did pretty well in their area, probably the hardest area in the state as well, getting 2nd in prelims and 3rd (I believe?) in finals. They got somewhere around 20th in BOA prelims, not making it. However, surprising it isn't talked about too much here. I'm an alumni of Marcus, and even coming from LISD, I'm surprised how much of a kick they're delivering this year. Finally competing with the big boys! How's everyone else feeling about Coppell, or am I just that one guy? 

Found a video of their performance this morning too, pretty good other than some timing errors.

Reagan will make finals like Coppell they have constantly proven success at the state contest. I would also be surprised if they didn't make it. James Bowie should be able to slide into finals but you never know, a lot of great bands are performing and things can get difficult when judging this many  1 ranking bands. 

I think one that is going to surprise a bunch of people is John Horn. I saw them at area where Both FloMo @ Hebron preformed & was blown away. My tent finals UIL lineup prediction b4 CTJ takes the field

1. Vista Ridge

2. FLOMO

3. Hebron

4. Vandegrift

5. RR

6. Leander

7. CTJ

8. John Horn

9. Waxahachie

10. Keller

11. The Woodlands

12. Marcus