2018 6A State

So because this may apply to all of the regional contests I thought I'd post this question here instead of in just one of the regional threads.

There is a big chance of rain for many of the regional contests. What happens if a region cannot complete the adjudication of all of the bands in the region due to rain? Has this ever happened before? Because if recent trends hold, a region (or two or three or four) could end of having to cancel a contest due to rain. 

So because this may apply to all of the regional contests I thought I'd post this question here instead of in just one of the regional threads.

There is a big chance of rain for many of the regional contests. What happens if a region cannot complete the adjudication of all of the bands in the region due to rain? Has this ever happened before? Because if recent trends hold, a region (or two or three or four) could end of having to cancel a contest due to rain.

Region more or less HAS to happen. If Saturday is rained out it will be rescheduled to a week day.

They get rescheduled. They always have back up daysa

I don't get the Round Rock love.  Don't get me wrong, it's good.  I just don't think its that good.  The them isn't cohesive compared to Cedar Ridge or Hendrickson. 

I think the love is because Round Rock has a long fantastic BOA history whereas Cedar Ridge and Hendrickson are much newer schools.  Yes, Round Rock is struggling a bit this year, but with their long history of being a superb band program, we know that they will rise again!  

That's what I'm talking about! The weather is not cooperating at. all.

They can reschedule the Region contests up to the next weekend.  They then can move the Area contest back another week if necessary. Yes I know it would conflict with BOA but with the 2A and 4A schools having very few going to BOA they could do area at that time if necessary. I think this is a ABSOLUTELY WORST CASE SCENARIO and I believe that if the Rain is not heavy the shows will go on. One of the big problems is that most of the Bands have Props and costumes that will not do well in the rain. 

From what I’ve been told,region HAS to happen tomorrow. Over here there is no good reschedule days with the rain chances being high all week.

Region here in SA is at Heroes stadium and the reschedule day is Monday - Area is scheduled the following week at the same stadium and the following Monday is the reschedule day. all the UIL area and regions generally have a date set as a reschedule day

I can’t even fathom that they would schedule UIL the same days as the SA BOA super regional. Has that ever happened before? Granted, they are not related to one another at all, but surely they are aware of what a massive conflict it would be.

It's never happened before.  San Antonio started being scheduled the final Texas Regional starting in 2002.  UIL likes to have its contests during the school week. Those contests would never conflict.  The UIL State schedule this year is a slight compromise that would have given 6A programs an extra day to get up to Grand Nationals if they chose to compete there.

It looks like Region  24  should have a good day tomorrow (knock on wood!)

Region 12 looks like a 20% chance of showers with temps in the mid-60's

should be a great day for band - the 6A Schedule looks like this

• Roosevelt       4:00
  • Madison         4:15
  • San Marcos    4:30
  • Canyon           4:45
  • Smithson Valley  5:00
  • New Braunfels    5:15
  • Churchill             5:30
  • Reagan               5:45
  • CT Johnson        6:00

Region 12 looks like a 20% chance of showers with temps in the mid-60's

should be a great day for band - the 6A Schedule looks like this

• Roosevelt 4:00
  • Madison 4:15
  • San Marcos 4:30
  • Canyon 4:45
  • Smithson Valley 5:00
  • New Braunfels 5:15
  • Churchill 5:30
  • Reagan 5:45
  • CT Johnson 6:00

Keep the nacho cheese warm. Looking forward to this!!

Our contest show in 2016 was 9 minutes long and we performed in state finals, and I’ve definitely seen other UIL performances longer than 8 minutes, so does that rule actually have any substance behind it?

I was thinking about that, and I think that rule is only in place for UIL Region and not state. I believe you have a much more loose time constraint but don’t take that from me because I don’t know things.