Grand Nationals 2018???

I haven't seen ANYTHING since prelims at SA. I'll watch the top half of GN finals tonight. Based on the last performances I saw of the groups at GN, I would predict Carmel for the championship. Pure elegance, once again. But, things have probably changed since then... or maybe not. Tarpon Springs might actually be in first going into finals; we don't know, since they're in a different class. I think Tarpon's show this year is among their very best, but, like all of their shows, I'm kept at a distance by the content. Tarpon's shows always seem a bit adolescent to me. Like, they're designed by a very talented teenage boy. I think it's great for the kids, because they get to perform shows that they connect with, but as a grown-up spectator, it's a little less appealing. Love Blue Springs. Not a huge of Broken Arrow's show, for reasons I've already discussed. But, it wouldn't be surprising to see them surge back in finals. A lot of people like the show more than I do!

Oh, and congrats to Prosper! Not at all surprising!

But Marian Catholic... uh, yeah. There's a surprise. I would have expected them to miss finals for the first time on a year that a lot of TX groups attended. But nope. It's on a "weak" year.

If Carmel gets their third Eagle in a row tonight, and fifth Eagle (!) overall, I'll be pretty tempted to call them the most successful band in marching arts history. (I am already tempted to call them that, in fact.) Sure, Marian has more wins and more finals placements, but Carmel has been in finals since the 90s and is succeeding wondrously in a MUCH more competitive era. Most of Marian's wins were in the 80s and 90s, back when GN was more of a Midwest championship. Actually, I'd probably have Avon up there, too. Top three every year since 2007, until maybe this year. Plus three wins a row '08-10.

Prosper will have some tough challenges still ahead with the only school in the district splitting soon while they are still growing at such a huge rate, but this season brings great hope for the future of their program (and probably the new school, too).

I hadnt seen blue springs until just now and I LOVED it! Now that is a vocalist who felt liked they belonged on the field.

To all the people who doubted prosper from the start of this year, I hope y'all have a change of heart. They absolutely left it all on the field and were the best they have ever been. I would never doubt prosper again.

And they have had a none stop week also.lack of sleep some being sick. Those kids truly gave their absolute all.. No matter the doubt from so many.. They showed what one texas band can bring.. The truly are royalty this year!!! In my book the won!!! Just from watching every night since August at practice.