What IF? The forgotton ones.

I thought it would be interesting to hear about or see shows from the past that didn't make B.O.A. Super Regional for whatever reason that had potential to finish well in prelims or even make finals but never came to fruition.

Tell us your story and post a video or link if you're able.

I'll start it off with Hendrickson's, "Lost" in 2015. Performed in exhibition before finals in place of the Bobcat show (they were flooded and couldn't make it to S.A.)

"What if" this show had been allowed to compete in prelims?

Props to the 2015 Round Rock Dragon Band for their support that night and the friendliest rivalry in Central Texas.

I thought it would be interesting to hear about or see shows from the past that didn't make B.O.A. Super Regional for whatever reason that had potential to finish well in prelims or even make finals but never came to fruition.

Tell us your story and post a video or link if you're able.

I'll start it off with Hendrickson's, "Lost" in 2015. Performed in exhibition before finals in place of the Bobcat show (they were flooded and couldn't make it to S.A.)

"What if" this show had been allowed to compete in prelims?

Props to the 2015 Round Rock Dragon Band for their support that night and the friendliest rivalry in Central Texas.

I was a senior that year at Round Rock, and that was easily the most stressful San Antonio Super Regional I've been to. I remember being so worried about the rain and wanting to perform so bad. It was such a shame to see a group like Hendrickson not being able to perform, as that show was amazing and would have been a finalist. I cheered extra hard when they made it last year.

I'll never forget it either.  Leander won BOA Austin that year.  We were favored to do VERY well at BOA SA so it was devastating not to be able to compete!!  Just a real heartbreaker for the Seniors especially.  

Coral Works. The opening gets me everytime I see it. The kids sprint 40 yards before the hit. Beautiful show.

I'll never forget it either.  Leander won BOA Austin that year.  We were favored to do VERY well at BOA SA so it was devastating not to be able to compete!!  Just a real heartbreaker for the Seniors especially.  

I remember seeing this show live at TMC when I was a freshman and recording it on my phone because I was like WHAT!?!? Definitely in my top 5 favorite hs shows of all time.

-( I also have a fantasy of playing lead trumpet in this show ;)  Such a fun and challenging part in this program)

I remember seeing this show live at TMC when I was a freshman and recording it on my phone because I was like WHAT!?!? Definitely in my top 5 favorite hs shows of all time.

-( I also have a fantasy of playing lead trumpet in this show ;) Such a fun and challenging part in this program)

Yes, he was/is quite the musician! He's at Baylor now.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember seeing y’all in exhibition! As a freshman, I was blown away that a high school marching band could sound that good! Definitely my favorite show that year. :)

I really thought College Park High School had a shot at making BOA SA finals in 2016 with Maestro.  The band qualified for the 6A State Marching competition that year (first time ever!) and the kids were still flying high from their Region F Finals performance.  Unfortunately, the band performed late morning on Saturday in San Antonio after a Friday night game.  That meant about 4 hours sleep and a 4:00 AM departure for the Dome.  

I absolutely loved that show.  

• 4 weeks later...

One what if scenario I've thought a lot about is where leander might have ultimately landed in 2014 had one music effect judge not put them in 13th in finals. This particular what if is one that can be applied to a lot of performances over the years. "what if Hebron had gone on last at grand nats in 2015" "how would round rocks season have changed if they had not recieved the penalty that cost them the Austin regional" "what if blue springs had made grand national finals in 2013" (seriously how did that show not get in) band is so completely unpredictable sometimes.

One what if scenario I've thought a lot about is where leander might have ultimately landed in 2014 had one music effect judge not put them in 13th in finals. This particular what if is one that can be applied to a lot of performances over the years. "what if Hebron had gone on last at grand nats in 2015" "how would round rocks season have changed if they had not recieved the penalty that cost them the Austin regional" "what if blue springs had made grand national finals in 2013" (seriously how did that show not get in) band is so completely unpredictable sometimes.

Blue Springs 2013 not making GN Finals was a tragedy