Plano East Marching Invitational - Oct 14th

Pretty good lineup for this!  I know I will be going (well my son is in the Clark HS band, so I will go regardless of who is there!)  

All 10 bands will make finals (the 6A-NV bands don't compete for that). 

Plano - 6A-NV bands:

Vines HS 6A- NV                        11:30 AM
Sheption HS 6A- NV                   11:45 AM
Williams HS 6A- NV                    12:00 PM
Clark HS 6A- NV                         12:15 PM
McMillen HS 6A- NV                   12:30 PM
Jasper HS 6A- NV                      12:45 PM

6A NV AWARDS CEREMONY 

Frisco HS 5A                          1:30 PM

Arlington Bowie HS                 1:45 PM
Heritage HS 5A                      2:00 PM
Newman Smith HS                 2:15 PM
Centennial HS 5A                   2:30 PM
Duncanville HS 6A                  2:45 PM
BREAK
Granbury HS                           3:15 PM
Hebron HS 6A                         3:30 PM
Sachse HS 6A                         3:45 PM         
Flower Mound HS                   4:00 PM

To clarify, what does NV stand for? And is it Frisco or Burleson Centennial?

Sorry, all of the 6A-NV schools are the Plano "Non Varsity" school bands.    Plano has 6 High Schools which are just grades 9th and 10th, and then their  Senior High Schools which are just 11th and 12th.      So basically they serve as the feeder schools to the 3 Senior High Schools (Plano East, Plano West, and Plano Senior) .

It is Frisco Centennial (I googled their band calendar :) ).

I think we can all agree:

1. Flower Mound/Hebron

2. Flower Mound/Hebron

3. Frisco Centennial/Duncanville

4. Frisco Centennial/Duncanville

Of course, judging by the results of Southlake, it's a toss up between Hebron/FloMo. My guess is that the band that wins music will win the competition. 

I have a hard time deciding between Centennial and Duncanville for third. Firstly, I haven't seen Centennial in person this year and I can't find any videos of them. I would definitely not be surprised if their show is as impactful as their last state year (2015). Secondly, Duncanville's finish at Southlake has me a little skeptical as to their current position. I am sure it has to mainly deal with the fact that they haven't attended a BOA Regional in a long time and that's just simply not their style anymore, and their scores should definitely change at this competition. Hoping for a bounce back from them. (Again, shun me for trying to use BOA as a reference for another competition)

I wasn't sure what was going on with Sachse as I thought they were going to Wylie.   Are they going to both?   That will be 
a long day for those kids!   

Also, I don't have have any kids at PESH anymore, I just got the schedule because my son is in the Clark band and will be performing
earlier.   I don't have any inside information about who may or may not stay for finals, I just saw there were 10 spots available :).   

I wasn't sure what was going on with Sachse as I thought they were going to Wylie.   Are they going to both?   That will be 

a long day for those kids!   

Also, I don't have have any kids at PESH anymore, I just got the schedule because my son is in the Clark band and will be performing

earlier.   I don't have any inside information about who may or may not stay for finals, I just saw there were 10 spots available :).   

Yeah Sachse will go to finals based on timing of schedules and standings.

Long time lurker on these forums. Just wanted to make an account to say that Centennial will not be participating in finals this year, due to their Homecoming dance being on the same weekend.

Source is a e-mail from the director sent to every parent and student in the program.

Wow!  Most bands in the area that have a conflict with homecoming and competition do an alternate band homecoming.  (BOCO)  Our band has done this most years.  

I wish PESH would do an exhibition show at their invitational.  Curious what improvements have been made since BOA DFW.

Excited to see the FloMo and Hebron shows live tomorrow.  As well as many of the other bands as well.  My son bailed on for tomorrow evening (for the finals),  so hopefully I can talk my husband into going!.  

For 5A

Music: 4 way tie between Frisco Centennial, Frisco Heritage, Frisco, and Newman smith.

Best in marching: Heritage

Best in GE: Centennial

Best in Percussion: Heritage

Best in Color Guard: Centennial

Best Drum Major: Centennial

1st: Heritage

2nd: Centennial

3rd: Granbury (?)

Honestly the 4-way tie was pretty ridiculous to me, considering the spread of abillity of the bands, especially with a musical powerhouse like centennial. But I’m excited to see a relative underdog like heritage take it! Frisco in general is bringing it this year!