The Danpodcast - Cherry On Southlake

Off the wall question I know, but I'm curious if I listen to the podcast via this site vs going to YouTube, will it drain my data plan dry if I'm away from Wi-Fi....

Just pondering out loud.

It'll use up the same amount of data whether you "watch" via this site or YouTube.  However, since the "video" part is just a photo, it should not use up too much of your data.

You can always subscribe via iTunes by searching The Danpodcast if needed!!!  I am uploading the audio to the RSS Feed right now :)

*The Danpodcast and its illegal off-shore holdings corporation is not responsible for any data plan purges/plunderings due to consumption of The Danpodcast.  Any queries or subpoenas can be sent to P.O. Box 234.  By reading this statement, you tacitly agree to make me chocolate chip cookies. 

It'll use up the same amount of data whether you "watch" via this site or YouTube. However, since the "video" part is just a photo, it should not use up too much of your data. The fine print

You can always subscribe via iTunes by searching The Danpodcast if needed!!! I am uploading the audio to the RSS Feed right now :)

*The Danpodcast and its illegal off-shore holdings corporation is not responsible for any data plan purges/plunderings due to consumption of The Danpodcast. Any queries or subpoenas can be sent to P.O. Box 234. By reading this statement, you tacitly agree to make me chocolate chip cookies.

It'll use up the same amount of data whether you "watch" via this site or YouTube. However, since the "video" part is just a photo, it should not use up too much of your data.

You can always subscribe via iTunes by searching The Danpodcast if needed!!! I am uploading the audio to the RSS Feed right now :)

*The Danpodcast and its illegal off-shore holdings corporation is not responsible for any data plan purges/plunderings due to consumption of The Danpodcast. Any queries or subpoenas can be sent to P.O. Box 234. By reading this statement, you tacitly agree to make me chocolate chip cookies.

Thanks!!!!

Even though cherries suck, I am still putting one on the awesome BOA Southlake Regional this past weekend!!  Thank you for all the love!!

Very enjoyable podcast as usual, Daniel.  I listened to it on my 3 mile walk.  No, I didn't walk the entire 3 miles in the 26 minute podcast.....hey I'm working up to that, okay?   :D

First, thank you for doing these podcasts.  They just help to extend the enjoyment factor of the whole BOA regionals watching experience, and I look forward to your perspective at the end of each one.  Southlake BOA definitely exceeded my expectations, and I was so glad to have made the trip from Austin to Fort Worth for the experience.  Secondly, you sound tired, Daniel.  Get some rest, young man.  You work too hard.  

A few things I wanted to comment on in particular:

1.  I'm sorry you had to work and miss pre-lims because there were truly some great bands that didn't make finals!  And I'm OH SO PROUD of Vista Ridge for doing so well considering they had to drive all night, sleep on the bus, and then make an 8 am performance time.  Their finals run was great, and I was a proud Leander ISD momma in that moment.  I think my daughter and I cheered loud enough for all of the LISD parents that couldn't be there.  

2.  Flowermound was as exciting to watch as CTJ last week in Austin.  I'm truly not sure which one is more exciting to watch at this point and I can't wait to see the battle in San Antonio!

3.  Hebron.

4.  Hebron.

5.  Hebron.

6.  I have nothing else to say.   ;)

Enjoyed your podcast.  Just wanted to let you know that Keller Central is around 67% Freshman.   An amazing accomplishment for anyone to make finals at this particular contest but to do it with such young kids makes it extraordinary in my opinion.  Look forward to see how they do the rest of the season.  

Very enjoyable podcast as usual, Daniel.  I listened to it on my 3 mile walk.  No, I didn't walk the entire 3 miles in the 26 minute podcast.....hey I'm working up to that, okay?   :D

First, thank you for doing these podcasts.  They just help to extend the enjoyment factor of the whole BOA regionals watching experience, and I look forward to your perspective at the end of each one.  Southlake BOA definitely exceeded my expectations, and I was so glad to have made the trip from Austin to Fort Worth for the experience.  Secondly, you sound tired, Daniel.  Get some rest, young man.  You work too hard.  

A few things I wanted to comment on in particular:

1.  I'm sorry you had to work and miss pre-lims because there were truly some great bands that didn't make finals!  And I'm OH SO PROUD of Vista Ridge for doing so well considering they had to drive all night, sleep on the bus, and then make an 8 am performance time.  Their finals run was great, and I was a proud Leander ISD momma in that moment.  I think my daughter and I cheered loud enough for all of the LISD parents that couldn't be there.  

:D  :D  :D   Thank you for supporting our kiddos!

I really enjoy all of the love within Leander ISD, and this echoes something Daniel said in his podcast.  A couple of examples from last weekend at BOA Austin.  First, we were back at our band hall watching the webcast of the Prelims awards, awaiting the announcement of the Finalists.  Every time any of our 5 sister schools was announced for drum major introductions or an award in Prelims, our kids would cheer loudly. Every time.  Later that evening our kids were lined up and moving over towards the gate for the Full Retreat and they were crossing the Leander band kids in the parking lot.  Leander stopped and with kids on both sides of our moving line they all started trading high fives as the line moved.

Man, I love that stuff!

:D  :D  :D   Thank you for supporting our kiddos!

I really enjoy all of the love within Leander ISD, and this echoes something Daniel said in his podcast.  A couple of examples from last weekend at BOA Austin.  First, we were back at our band hall watching the webcast of the Prelims awards, awaiting the announcement of the Finalists.  Every time any of our 5 sister schools was announced for drum major introductions or an award in Prelims, our kids would cheer loudly. Every time.  Later that evening our kids were lined up and moving over towards the gate for the Full Retreat and they were crossing the Leander band kids in the parking lot.  Leander stopped and with kids on both sides of our moving line they all started trading high fives as the line moved.

Man, I love that stuff!

If I've said it once I've said it a billion times: I love Vista Ridge and their shows. They're always awesome. Us Ridges stick together haha. 

Leander ISD schools in general are fantastic. Awesome program you guys have!

You're welcome!  And I may or may not have recorded that shortly after waking up and before I had breakfast.  I know better now!!

:D:D:D Thank you for supporting our kiddos!

I really enjoy all of the love within Leander ISD, and this echoes something Daniel said in his podcast. A couple of examples from last weekend at BOA Austin. First, we were back at our band hall watching the webcast of the Prelims awards, awaiting the announcement of the Finalists. Every time any of our 5 sister schools was announced for drum major introductions or an award in Prelims, our kids would cheer loudly. Every time. Later that evening our kids were lined up and moving over towards the gate for the Full Retreat and they were crossing the Leander band kids in the parking lot. Leander stopped and with kids on both sides of our moving line they all started trading high fives as the line moved.

Man, I love that stuff!

I hear ya! I just love the respect the band kids (and most parents) show for each other's programs. Sure, there is that competitive spirit that drives individual bands to succeed, but woven throughout every competition is the high level of respect and recognition each band has for one another, especially within the same districts. And how incredibly supportive was CTJ last week of every single band taking the field? LOVE those kids!

#TeamTexas baby!!

Well-deserved and earned!  Tough kiddos at Vista Ridge!!

Shout out to Vista Ridge as well, although this isn't entirely unprecedented.  Flower Mound had to do the same thing two years in a row in San Antonio in 2012 & 2013.  In 2013 the football game went into triple overtime.

It's amazing what all of these kids can accomplish.  They are more resilient than what we adults sometimes give them credit for.  Going through schedules like that can really make them tough competitors this year and for years to come.