2017 State Marching Contest (1A,2A,3A,5A)

I'm so sad! I wonder what happened? I had really hoped to see them in finals.

They may have overhyped. Their band director was going crazy pumping them up even into the announcement. You could hear some of the kids REALLY going for it... they also had some solo mic issues so who knows.

that's too bad.  Hopefully next time!

Those of you watching it on the live stream this week--what's your favorite "view"?  Multi view or no?

I know you are not familiar with our director, but his hype is the usual. He does that at every single contest and practice. The difference being that he doesn’t come down from the tower.

I don’t have the best listening environment as a performer, yet I didn’t hear anything egregiously wrong with the ballence other than the usual trumpet and trombone stuck out that comes out of the texture

It is true we had issues. The clarinet soloist’s mic didn’t work and one of the trumpet soloist’s valves stuck during the solo. However, our electronics did not work for half of the show in area and we did better in area finals.

On a final note I am very disappointed in a 21st finish, but what can you do. One judge for a certain caption gave us a 740 and another an 880 so....

I want us to discuss one thing here: when a good band like CP goes first at a UIL event they are literally the benchmark for everything. Because every judge has to ask "was that better than ___?" and as long as the answer is no they stay in first place. I wonder if CP has enough moments in that sjow where they can keep that answer a no the whole night. And if they can might we see a score of 5-8? And do we need to talk about the 2 and 1 rule?