The Danpodcast - Campfire Story #3

Danpod

Howdy,

You know what time of the year it is???  FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!  Listen to my experiences about the Friday Night Lights from a band member's point of view.  Hey, the team tried.  Yikes.

Subscribe on the Podcasts app by searching The Danpodcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-854158827/the-danpodcast-campfire-story-3

Thank you for the love and support!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy,

You know what time of the year it is??? FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! Listen to my experiences about the Friday Night Lights from a band member's point of view. Hey, the team tried. Yikes.

Subscribe on the Podcasts app by searching The Danpodcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-854158827/the-danpodcast-campfire-story-3

Thank you for the love and support!!!

You totally could have been talking about the poor Leander football team in this podcast. I can't even remember the last time we had any kind of winning season! Well actually I do. My middle daughter graduated in '09, and LHS was pretty good back then, but we never got to go. My middle daughter played just about every sport possible, and we always had volleyball games to go to during football season so we never got to see any football games at all. And then when my youngest daughter, who was in the band, started at LHS in 2013, the football team was as bad as what you described in your podcast. It was so hard because we rooted for those poor boys to do well, but it just never happened. We can't even win our non district games early in the season. I've attended both of Leander's first games of this season, and it still doesn't look good for the Lions. Poor kids!

I admit I was envious when Cedar Park took state in both the 5A football and UIL band competition in 2015. What a high THAT must have been!!

Your step dad story made me tear up a little. Good stuff, Daniel.