DCI 2017

I personally believe that the first 3 minutes of Bloo's show is the best in a long time. That T-bone feature is really cool too, but BD takes the cake right now for me. The way they pull off Flight of the Bumblebee with the whole ensemble is amazing. And that trombone solo (lol) is outstanding. All around a beautiful show. Bloo may come storming back at any point in time though.

I personally believe that the first 3 minutes of Bloo's show is the best in a long time. That T-bone feature is really cool too, but BD takes the cake right now for me. The way they pull off Flight of the Bumblebee with the whole ensemble is amazing. And that trombone solo (lol) is outstanding. All around a beautiful show. Bloo may come storming back at any point in time though.

I was able to see all of the big guys Tuesday in Broken Arrow and was just completely blown away by all of them. Yes, the Blue Devils are brilliant this year and deserve first place. Hearing them play Flight of the Bumblebee is simply astonishing live. Just such a fantastic show. I'm also crazy about the Blue coats show and am disappointed that they keep placing 4th. I'm not as thrilled with Carolina Crown's show, but it's growing on me. SCV is brilliant. I also love, love, love Phantom Regiment! They haven't placed well, but I am so in love with their production as a whole. And can I just say....I love that their color guard is all girl!! So many of the corps are almost completely male nowadays, and I understand it because guys are stronger overall and can do more stunts, but it was refreshing for me to see the all girl guard with PR. BUT I LOVE THEM ALL!

Got to see everyone live @ Southwestern Championships on Saturday. I've been a huge Bloo fan for three years and am generally very critical of BD, but this year BD has put on one of my favorite shows of all time, and is the first time in a WHILE that I have preferred BD to Bluecoats. Their show is just so high-energy, loud, and insane. The entertainment value reminds me of Bloo last year, who had BY FAR the most fun show. This year, SCV, Bloo, and BD all have really fun shows (I like Crown's but it's not nonstop fun like the other three, it has moments) but seeing BD live I would have been VERY surprised if anyone else had won. They move a ton, and put on a super awesome show with an insane musical book.

I also LOVE Boston's show this year. I'm hoping they edge out Cavs for 5th at World Championships, though 6th is still nothing to sneeze about.

I'd also like Phantom (and maybe BK) to beat out Cadets. The Cadets were kinda dirty and their design is not near as entertaining or innovative. Phantom and BK both had more enjoyable/dynamic shows. I doubt it will happen but it'd be cool if it did.

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Devils

Santa Clara Vanguard

Carolina Crown

The Cavaliers

Bluecoats

Boston Crusaders

The Cadets

Blue Knights

Phantom Regiment

Blue Stars

Crossmen