Should be interesting to see if it is as windy tomorrow as it has been today and how that impacts the shows, props, etc.  There was a little sleet reported just a bit ago.  Going to be a cold night of halftime performances tonight followed by a cold day of performances tomorrow as well!  

Going to need some Hot Hands inside the jacket pockets!!

I show the results of finals in order (based on total of ranking order by judges so lower better) were:  Richland (8), Aledo (10), Birdville (21), Centennial (22), Azle (23), Colleyville Heritage (26), Granbury (30).

Richland looked and sounded amazing.  Aledo was solid and strong.  Birdville was great but I really really liked Centennial's show...super clean and great drumline.  I also really liked Colleyville Heritage from a visual and entertainment value.  

I show the results of finals in order (based on total of ranking order by judges so lower better) were:  Richland (8), Aledo (10), Birdville (21), Centennial (22), Azle (23), Colleyville Heritage (26), Granbury (30).

Richland looked and sounded amazing.  Aledo was solid and strong.  Birdville was great but I really really liked Centennial's show...super clean and great drumline.  I also really liked Colleyville Heritage from a visual and entertainment value.  

I agree completely....I loved Centennial's show.

I show the results of finals in order (based on total of ranking order by judges so lower better) were: Richland (8), Aledo (10), Birdville (21), Centennial (22), Azle (23), Colleyville Heritage (26), Granbury (30).

Richland looked and sounded amazing. Aledo was solid and strong. Birdville was great but I really really liked Centennial's show...super clean and great drumline. I also really liked Colleyville Heritage from a visual and entertainment value.

Richland killed it!!

It's really interesting to me how much can change from prelims to finals.  Especially when competition is very tight. In this case, Aledo and Richland seemed to have the #1 and #2 spots locked up (swapped spots from prelims to finals) and Birdville was looking good for #3, but almost lost it to Centennial and/or Azle.  Just a 1 and 2 point difference.  They really do have to make every performance their best or suffer the consequences.  I was really impressed with all the bands in the finals yesterday.  And I know some really great ones missed out on even making finals as well.  Kudos to all these kids.  I'm just a freshman parent, but I'm quickly becoming a marching band addict!  This is so fun!  Ha Ha.  

It's really interesting to me how much can change from prelims to finals.  Especially when competition is very tight. In this case, Aledo and Richland seemed to have the #1 and #2 spots locked up (swapped spots from prelims to finals) and Birdville was looking good for #3, but almost lost it to Centennial and/or Azle.  Just a 1 and 2 point difference.  They really do have to make every performance their best or suffer the consequences.  I was really impressed with all the bands in the finals yesterday.  And I know some really great ones missed out on even making finals as well.  Kudos to all these kids.  I'm just a freshman parent, but I'm quickly becoming a marching band addict!  This is so fun!  Ha Ha.  

I'm a 6 year band-dad veteran....the freshman year is a bit of a whirlwind.  I don't know if this is your first year as a band parent...if it is, take every chance to enjoy this. It flies by...you'll turn around and your kid is marching their last show.  If you haven't done it yet, I would encourage you to get involved as a volunteer...there's no better way to get to know these amazing kids.  They are truly the best kids in every school.

Congrats to your child's band and best of luck in the future!!

I show the results of finals in order (based on total of ranking order by judges so lower better) were: Richland (8), Aledo (10), Birdville (21), Centennial (22), Azle (23), Colleyville Heritage (26), Granbury (30).

Richland looked and sounded amazing. Aledo was solid and strong. Birdville was great but I really really liked Centennial's show...super clean and great drumline. I also really liked Colleyville Heritage from a visual and entertainment value.

I personally think centennial has the best 5a drumline in texas and probably in the top ten of 6a schools too.

I'm a 6 year band-dad veteran....the freshman year is a bit of a whirlwind.  I don't know if this is your first year as a band parent...if it is, take every chance to enjoy this. It flies by...you'll turn around and your kid is marching their last show.  If you haven't done it yet, I would encourage you to get involved as a volunteer...there's no better way to get to know these amazing kids.  They are truly the best kids in every school.

Congrats to your child's band and best of luck in the future!!

Thank you so much!  Hats off to you veteran band parents!  This will be my one and only band kid sadly.  Kind of wish I had more to come.  Definitely enjoying it and will soak it all in these next 3 1/2 years.  I am hoping to volunteer more next year.  It definitely takes a village to get these shows on and off the field in an organized and timely manner.  Job situation right now does not allow me too.  Sure wish I could make it to the state competition but that too is not happening.  And yes, I agree...the band kiddos really do rock!  And I Imagine I'll bawl like a baby when the time for all this to end comes.  Ha Ha.  I'll probably be more emotional about it than the actual band kiddo!  

They're fantastic but I'm not sure they're the best in 5A...Richland's drumline is incredible.

Are they going to the Lonestar Drumline competition in November?

They beat Richland at the mansfield preview of champions contest back in the beginning of October, and to answer your question they do not do drumline contests after uil as they put their focus to indoor drumline (as they should since they were the WGI PSO 2017 world champions ;) )

They beat Richland at the mansfield preview of champions contest back in the beginning of October, and to answer your question they do not do drumline contests after uil as they put their focus to indoor drumline (as they should since they were the WGI PSO 2017 world champions ;) )

Richland is playing their show at 188 and 200

That's great....and I'll give you the Mansfield result but I'd love to see them head to head.  Until then, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Centennial is great....like I said earlier, they were incredible at Mansfield...I LOVED them.  But unless you've seen Richland, Vandergrift, John Horn, Cedar Park, Plano East and Round Rock in the same contest, you haven't seen the best in the state.