2017 Area B Predictions

A few Frisco band parents who sat by me were commenting that they didn't understand why Plano bands were even there as they had enough for their own Region. Well I would have preferred not to drive all the way to Little Elm myself, LOL.

Haha!  Nice!  I may or may not be at this particular Area this weekend........

Lone Star went from dead last (26/26) at BOA DFW to 3rd (I believe?) at Area, beating bands like Frisco Centennial. That’s a great comeback, but I feel like Lone Star might not attend any BOAs in the years to come.

Makes me wonder which Frisco bands WILL stick with BOA.  It will be interesting to see what newer schools like Reedy, Lebanon Trail and next year Memorial choose to do.  Wakeland will certainly stick with it as will Prosper (not Frisco ISD, but nearby).  

Centennial has been a strong contender for UIL.  I feel like having some staff changes put them where Wakeland was last year.  The other schools except for Frisco HS and Liberty are newer (I think?).  Wakeland made up a lot of ground with a HUGE staff change when most of their staff except 2 who had been there only a year left for Coppell.  But the new Memorial opening will now have 9th-11th grade, taking a chunk out of Wakeland's band next year.  

I still don't see why no one sees Liberty as a strong band.  I've admired them for several years.  I'm just waiting for them to break out like Lone Star did this year.  Yes, their BOA scores were not great but they had a unique approach and a good sound.  I'm glad they got it together and stayed strong.  I so wish I saw that BOA performance because  I heard it was rough, but no details.  

It was extremely close no doubt. Now the 1st and 2nd places made sense. Wakeland was just absolutely electric tonight while prosper did ok (I have seen better out of them.) I’m so excited to see what wakeland is going to do at state!

3-6 is where the mess starts. Personally, Lone Star’s show did not appear as difficult and didn’t entertain me as much as Centennial, Southwest, or Summit did. I would have put anyone else of those 3 over them. If a frisco school had to take the place, liberty, to me, was a better and more enjoyable choice.

Centennial took a beating today, no doubt with such a long schedule. And now, it appears they made a change in style to score higher for it to not pay off, especially in such an awful way like a tie that didn’t go their way.