2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

Wow. Just watched Avon's Indy performance. If they clean it up, I don't know if anyone is touching them. Granted, it needs a LOT of cleaning- that is a Grand Nats show if I ever say one- but wow, what a powerful show. There's so many moments in there where I was just stunned. And the closer is just insane.

Mind sharing the video? :)

Right now after seeing Avon I think this is a competition for second place, that show has such a high ceiling and knowing Avon, they will clean it up very well by San Antonio, not to mention the fact they have the best brass section in the country along with being one of if not the best visual band n the country.

Take a look at Hebron 2015's show and scores at Nats against Avon. 

Now take a look at Hebron's show two weeks ago and take a look at Avon's show from this weekend. Hebron is on fire this year, from the gate. 

Here are the top 16 as they stand on Hornrank for Texas bands.  It says a lot about the bubble, or lack thereof.  Has there ever been a smaller bubble?  The fact that a band as excellent as Keller is speculated as the last band in finals is crazy!!  I don't think Atlanta will have much affect on SA so let the predictions begin...

I know this is said every year but I would be scared to be a judge at this thing.......

1. Flower Mound H.S., TX (2)
  2. Avon H.S., IN (6)
  3. Hebron H.S., TX (4)
  4. Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX (5)
  5. Vandegrift H.S., TX (7)
  6. Ronald Reagan H.S., TX (9)
  7. Leander H.S., TX (10)
  8. Marcus H.S., TX (12)
  9. The Woodlands H.S., TX (11)
  10. LD Bell H.S., TX (14)
  11. James Bowie H.S., TX (13)
  12. Cedar Park H.S., TX (15)
  13. Hendrickson H.S., TX (17)
  14. Keller H.S., TX (20)
  15. Round Rock H.S., TX (22)
  16. Cedar Ridge H.S., TX (24)

i think Oak Ridge has a good chance at making finals this year.

Oak Ridge placed 17th and they have added way more visuals and props then we are used to. I feel Oak Ridge will surprise many people with their drumline that has become quite solid. The only downfall is the energy the winds have, its not the unique sound that I am used to hearing by them. Their marching and lines are amazing this year. The perform early @9 and they have a football game the night before so I curious how that will affect them. Nevertheless, Oak Ridge could be a very dangerous wildcard at BOA SA!

A bit off-topic, but Avon is coming to San Antonio and Carmel is going to Downey, CA this weekend. I wonder how large the point spread will be between 1st and 2nd?!

I think Carmel will 3 point at Downey. Ayala in a normal year is about equivalent to Union or just a little under, and Vista Murrieta, if they build off last year, is at about a Homestead level, or a little lower.

I think Carmel will 3 point at Downey. Ayala in a normal year is about equivalent to Union or just a little under, and Vista Murrieta, if they build off last year, is at about a Homestead level, or a little lower.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little more than that. I know this isn't the Grand Nationals, but last year when these 3 were is the same competition, Ayala and Vista Murrieta were 10 points and 7.9 points apart, respectively.

Let me just say after sitting outside for 3 hours at the Leander vs Lake Travis game just now, man am I glad that BOA SA is indoors! Not only did we freeze our rear ends off, but the poor band kids were struggling too. It's just too cold to play metal instruments outdoors!

And those woodwinds run the risk of cracking!  heck, if they can do it up north, we can try it here too!

Just a friendly reminder that Diwali (Hindu Festival of Lights) will have its annual city-wide celebration next Saturday night in San Antonio.  This is a very lovely festival and it is truly one-of-a-kind in the United States. 

Be prepared to hear a lot of fireworks go off during Finals performances Saturday night.  Do not be alarmed!  

I don't know how, but I'm sure you adjust to it. Our tuning tonight was awful and our poor French horn soloist was really struggling to get those notes out. And he's an amazing musician!

Man I couldn't feel my lips tonight, and we had a lot of playing to do (I play trombone). We won 48 - 7 and had the full 0erformance after the game because it was homecoming night. It was horrible. Speaking of which, one of the kids in our section was crowned homecoming king!