2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

Band parent from Avon.  We were told that he goes to every contest.  Super cool!!!

He is absolutely at every contest. For years he has worn a hat themed to our show. When we did Black Gold, he had oil rigs. For Go Forth, he had a weather vane. This year he took it up a notch with the suit. We love him and his family. He brings us together whether we are in Avon or in a different state. Nicest man. 

One Brick/Just Another Brick, we're all family.

67 of the top Texas High School marching bands coming together for our annual family reunion along with our cousin from Indiana.

Avon Black and Gold,

It was a pleasure visiting with you in the stands and being wowed by your amazing program. Class act!

You will always be welcome in our home.

Hi All,

Finally have a minute to post just some random thoughts on the weekend.   I followed on my phone, but find it 
hard to post with my phone and my fat fingers and old eyes, LOL.  

We attended pretty much all day Saturday for the Prelims.   After LD Bell played my kids scoped out the best seats
and we sat there all day.   We were pretty much up as high as you could go, close to the 50, where all the
band directors/band parents ran up to watch their show and then ran back down when they were done.    We didn't 
attend finals as after  9 hours, although my husband tags along, it really isn't his cup of tea, and I also felt
that maybe with all the people attending, I would rather someone who really had kids in the finals could be there.
Also, with 4 of us, it saved us the cost of the tickets : )

So just some Random thoughts about the day.

1.  The Alamodome needs cup holders.  Really hard to get up and clap after every band when
I have to constantly put the drink down, and pick it back up so people could get in and out of the rows. 

2.   My kids really loved the Keller show as well as James Bowie.  I think the kid doing the back flips did it for them, LOL.

3.  The kids really liked the part of the Avon show where the kids thru there instruments in the air.    But they (or we all) hoped
they didn't practice that move on the cement parking lots during rehearsals.   Actually, as a parent, I just though, OMG,
do they know how much those things cost!  I think they needed a disclaimer that no instruments were harmed during
performance!   (But it was really cool!!)

4.  The Avon band parents around us were so nice!    Very complimentary of all the bands.    So many made the trip!   

Anyway, I think so much has been said already about all the talent out there on the field over the weekend.  I am sorry I didn't get to see all the bands, like CTJ or Leander, but I saw pretty many of them.   All of those kids from top to bottom are class acts and should be very proud of all they accomplished.  

And if anyone has a link to the Plano East performance that I promise not to distribute or share, I would love to see it again. You can PM me :)    Not that I think anyone has an illegal recording or anything.   (I did see quite a few people recording during prelims and was surprised no one stopped them).  

That's all for now! 

One Brick/Just Another Brick, we're all family.

67 of the top Texas High School marching bands coming together for our annual family reunion along with our cousin from Indiana.

Avon Black and Gold,

It was a pleasure visiting with you in the stands and being wowed by your amazing program. Class act!

You will always be welcome in our home.

Thank you for welcoming us! We LOVED every minute of our visit, and we will be in the stands cheering for the Texas bands this weekend. 

My preliminary thoughts: 

1) I'll admit I wasn't a fan of Avon's show the first time I saw it (like two months ago), but I thoroughly enjoyed it live. Their color guard is staged so well and every movement makes sense with the show. I absolutely love their grandiose closer and the message that the show has overall. I'm rooting for them to medal this weekend.

2) FloMo: It was really interesting to see them flip-flop with Avon in prelims and finals. I guess these two groups are pretty on par. I love their use of colors; this show is a feast for the eyes. I also really enjoyed their musical selection. I'm very curious as to how they do at nationals. They had some rough spots, but nothing that they can't fix in the next week.

3) Marcus: I have to say that I haven't been a fan of their past two shows, but I actually really like what they've done with this one. It actually is very odd, but in a fun quirky way. The musical arrangement is just as fun as their visual package, which is a nice mix of colors and intricate body movements. I can't wait to see it again.

4) TWHS: This was one of my favorite shows for this season. They have such a demanding show, but it is such an interesting show and their ballad makes me feel alive. I'm excited to see it this weekend.