2017 BOA San Antonio Super Regionals Predictions

As a parent from Vista Ridge (the other high school in Cedar Park), I can tell you I am not surprised at all that CPHS placed so well in prelims - the sustained success they have is no accident.  Same for nearby Vandegrift; they're not going to consider second place to be good enough.

I haven't seen the prelim scores yet to see how close it was, but VRHS really thought they made it this time.  This was really a tough one for them.  Being told you're "on the bubble" is a lot of pressure and anxiety.  

As a parent from Vista Ridge (the other high school in Cedar Park), I can tell you I am not surprised at all that CPHS placed so well in prelims - the sustained success they have is no accident.  Same for nearby Vandegrift; they're not going to consider second place to be good enough.

I haven't seen the prelim scores yet to see how close it was, but VRHS really thought they made it this time.  This was really a tough one for them.  Being told you're "on the bubble" is a lot of pressure and anxiety.  

I was in Vista Ridge 2012-2015. i know exactly how they must feel right now. it sucks alot but i hope they are proud of themselves for what they did. that show is spectacular.

As several outstanding groups learned after prelims results, no group is really safe from elimination at the BOA San Antonio Super Regional. There's no shame in not making finals here. The bottom part of this finals will likely be stronger than the bottom part of Nats. I still think Nats is harder to win, but there's often less depth to finals.

As a parent from Vista Ridge (the other high school in Cedar Park), I can tell you I am not surprised at all that CPHS placed so well in prelims - the sustained success they have is no accident. Same for nearby Vandegrift; they're not going to consider second place to be good enough.

I haven't seen the prelim scores yet to see how close it was, but VRHS really thought they made it this time. This was really a tough one for them. Being told you're "on the bubble" is a lot of pressure and anxiety.

We Leander peeps were so disappointed not to hear Vista's name announced! I think in any other competition this yeat we would have!!

Marcus was fabulous, and I think they're starting to show a real willingness to adapt with their visual program. In the past, they've really relied on cleanliness at the cost of difficulty. This year, I think there's a better balance. Obviously, it's not as clean as the cleanest Marcus shows, but it in a lot of ways it's more interesting. And they sound great, of course.

I loved Marcus in prelims.  One of the parents sitting by me explained their program to some extent.  It's about Paganini, a violin virutoso and composer whose medical oddity helped him create musical works that others were unable to play because they did not have his "disability."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niccolò_Paganini

OMG someone please revive keep from the dead and then kill me again. As always, I was in complete awe by FloMo. They had me crying in the first minute of the opener. Same thing that I said about hebron's ballad goes for FloMo's entire show. Insane saxophones! How are they highschoolers? Wow. Just wow.

Great show from Flower Mound. I do think the music and visual program lack a little bit of finesse, but I don't think it will hold them back at Nationals. The sound is just so big sometimes that the details get lost. Some of the visual moments also lacked clarity, especially towards the end with the color overload. Love the ballad. Maybe my favorite one of the year. Very DCI-ish.