having a dog in the fight I'll forewarn possible bias. I'm looking for bands that march and play at the same time. Can they handle all the movement and keep the sound going so that if you are not watching, you couldnt tell the difference if they had parked. That was my background. Our kids are playing 170+ in the 2nd movement and over 192 at the end. With that said.... I missed Dobyns live. Union later it down. Very impressive and I would have to put them over Round Rock. Blue Springs is close and there was a lot of echoing

dumb phone....a happening with them. I'd put Flower Mound over Marcus and perhaps squeeze The Woodlands in between. Very electric shows. Carmel is mostly solo and a heard a lot of electronics from our location midway up the 50. BA has the sound and power and their show is mostly in front of the hash and in your face. Avon had a great run tonight but their show style is so different than other. So here goes...Carmel BA Avon mixed in top 3. Still don't get Carmel, being honest. FloMo,Woodlands, Marcus. Union, Castle, Blue Springs, Round Rock, Marion, Dobyns.

I'm thinking BA, Carmel, Avon, Marcus, FloMo, The Woodlands,.

GE: BA

Visual: Carmel

Music: Marcus

What an amazing last half of finals!

Cool side note: Flower Mound hosted Avon for dinner when Avon was en route to San Antonio. The bands along with members of Marcus became friends. Flower Mound, Marcus, and Avon will be next to each other when they break ranks. Should be a great time.

My daughter was so excited when she found out the order so when they break ranks they could all find each other. #teamTexAvon

2017 Grand Nationals Finals Results:

Al Castronovo Esprit de Corps Award - Mililani H.S., HI

Rose Parade Invitation - Flower Mound H.S., TX

Outstanding Music Performance - Tie - Broken Arrow H.S., OK & Carmel H.S., IN

Outstanding Visual Performance - Carmel H.S., IN

Outstanding General Effect - Carmel H.S., IN

1st - 97.500 - Carmel H.S., IN

2nd - 96.925 - Broken Arrow H.S., OK

3rd - 96.475 - Avon H.S., IN

4th - 95.700 - Marcus H.S., TX

5th - 95.625 - Flower Mound H.S., TX

6th - 92.725 - Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN

7th - 91.825 - The Woodlands H.S. TX

8th - 91.200 - Castle H.S., IN

9th - 91.175 - Blue Springs H.S., MO

10th - 91.025 - Union H.S., OK

11th - 89.800 - Marian Catholic H.S., IL

12th - 89.625 - Round Rock H.S., TX

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if all 14 finalists from SA Super Regional had been here tonight, how do you all think finals would’ve looked tonight?

Also, very interesting how Round Rock made finals here at Grand Nats but not at SA. The Woodlands placed higher at GN than at SA (they were much cleaner, yeah, but the bands above them at SA could’ve also been much more cleaner given a week.)

*Posted this on MFA but figured it would be a spring board for conversation, especially in a Texas music centric board.*

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if all 14 finalists from SA Super Regional had been here tonight, how do you all think finals would’ve looked tonight?

Also, very interesting how Round Rock made finals here at Grand Nats but not at SA. The Woodlands placed higher at GN than at SA (they were much cleaner, yeah, but the bands above them at SA could’ve also been much more cleaner given a week.)

*Posted this on MFA but figured it would be a spring board for conversation, especially in a Texas music centric board.*

1. CTJ

2. Carmel

3. Hebron

4. Vandegrift

5. Broken Arrow

6. Avon

7. Ronald Reagan

8. Marcus

9. Flower Mound

10.Cedar Park

11. The Woodlands

12. Keller

Music - CTJ

Visual - Carmel

GE - CTJ

* I know that’s 9 texas bands in finals but i honestly think this is what would’ve happened. CTJ would’ve been unstoppable in my opinion.

1. CTJ

2. Carmel

3. Hebron

4. Vandegrift

5. Broken Arrow

6. Avon

7. Ronald Reagan

8. Marcus

9. Flower Mound

10.Cedar Park

11. The Woodlands

12. Cedar Park

Music - CTJ

Visual - Carmel

GE - CTJ

* I know that’s 9 texas bands in finals but i honestly think this is what would’ve happened. CTJ would’ve been unstoppable in my opinion.

I would assume one of those Cedar Parks to be Keller? Lol

Considering The Woodlands final score, Cedar Park, Keller, and Hendrickson could’ve possible knocked them out of finals... but then again this is a hypothetical situation