1:45 PM – Walton H.S., GA

2:00 PM – Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN

2:15 PM – Winston Churchill H.S., TX

2:30 PM – Lawrence Township, IN

2:45 PM – William Mason H.S., OH

3:00 PM – Fort Mill H.S., SC

3:15 PM – Fishers H.S., IN

3:30 PM – Mililani H.S., HI

Ensemble visual should be well into box 5 for The Woodlands. Much, much cleaner performance than at San Antonio. That said, the music ranks as one of the weaker Woodlands shows I've heard. Obviously, they sound good, but they don't sound great, like they did in 2013. Ballad sounds great, but there are rough patches in the other parts where it really doesn't sound like a full ensemble contribution to the sound -- like, for instance, at the very beginning. Also, I feel like if you're going to mic a woodwind ensemble doing those runs at the end, they *really* need to have that technique down.

did anyone catch prospers run?

Yes! Loved it again! Such gorgeous classic Texas sound that is tremendously well balanced. On the full ensemble moments you truly hear every single voice. Marching was rock solid and very engaging. Woodwind ensemble in the closer is my favorite moment, tons of notes and lovely warm tone. Thought it was as good or maybe slightly better than yesterday. If they'd had a run like that on Wednesday night, they likely would have been in the medals in SA. I had never really heard of or seen anything from Prosper until this year and I am now a huge fan! Very excited to see what is in store for them in the future.

For Marcus, it was not my favorite show when I saw it at Southlake. Now, however, oh my! Still the same gorgeous Marcus sound, but the volume dial is certainly turned up from years previous. I enjoy all of the quirky visual touches - fun show! I also got chills from some of the full ensemble chords in the ballad. Bravo! Can't wait to see it again later!

The future of marching band looks something like O'Fallon Township's show. Very striking visual program, although it's a risk, since the white really makes visual dirt pop. It seems like a combination of the Bluecoats' recent productions and Onyx's 2012 WGI championship show. I do think WGI Winds is coming around at just about the right time. Obviously, football will be around a while longer, but unless they figure out how to play the game without giving kids brain damage, it probably won't last. Then bands will have to find a new outlet for performance, and that will probably be a WGI, indoors sort of thing.