Just some food for thought...

The Highest and lowest scores that have been recorded for 12th place at GN Semifinals since 2000 were 85.40 in 2012 and 90.50 in 2007.

Using that knowledge any band that has scored above a 90.50 this season has statistically a 100% chance of being in finals. 

(Of course that is purely anecdotal evidence but then again so is a predictions list!)

Those Bands would be (Included only if they are going to nationals):

Carmel(IN)

Avon(IN)

Flower Mound(TX)

Marcus(TX)

The Woodlands(TX)

That leaves another 7 bands to make finals. Bands that have scored within the 85.40+ margin this season and going to nationals are...

Castle(IN)

Union(OK)

Homestead(IN)

Marian Catholic(IL)

Broken Arrow(OK)

Blue Springs(MO)

O'Fallon Township(IL)

Owasso(OK)

Round Rock(TX)

Winston Churchill(TX)

That's 10 bands.

bands in top 40 but have not scored in this margin to watch out for would be...

Center Grove(IN)

Franklin(TN)

Dobyns-Bennett(TN)

William Mason(OH)

Thats 21 bands that have a projected shot at finals in 2017. Only 12 get in(Unless a tie).

Predictions... Just Finalists; no order other than top 6 and bottom 6.

Carmel(IN)

Avon(IN)

Flower Mound(TX)

Marcus(TX)

The Woodlands(TX)

Broken Arrow(OK)

Round Rock(TX)

Castle(IN)

Union(OK)

Blue Springs(MO)

Homestead(IN)

Marian Catholic(IL)

Leaving out...

Winston Churchill(TX)

O'Fallon Township(IL)

Owasso(OK)

Center Grove(IN)

Franklin(TN)

Dobyns-Bennett(TN)

William Mason(OH)

Any of these band have the potential to make finals and I cant wait to see how it plays out! :) 

I'm putting my money on O'Fallon to make finals this year.  One of the sweetest guys I've ever known and was fortunate enough to be in high school band with back in the day in Memphis is one of the Color Guard directors there and I'm sure rooting for them!  While I'm not the hugest fan of the entire field being covered in a white tarp, that doesn't mean that their show isn't phenomenal because it is!  And their guard....just wow.  

I also wonder about and feel a little broken hearted for William Mason and all of the issues they've struggled with this year with the entire change in band staff for them.  I know that they are struggling mentally and show-wise, and I'm really pulling for those kids.  They are so capable of amazing things if only given the chance!  Hopefully the new directors will tap into that potential in coming years and give them a product that they can run with!!

Significant Times (CST)

Thursday:

10:30 A.M. - Franklin H.S., TN

12:45 P.M. - Homestead H.S., IN

2:15 P.M. - Broken Arrow H.S., OK

3:00 P.M. - Dobyns-Bennett H.S., TN

3:15 P.M. - Union H.S., OK

3:30 P.M. - Castle H.S., IN

4:15 P.M. - O’Fallon Township H.S., IL

4:30 P.M. - Marcus H.S., TX

6:45 P.M. - Avon H.S., IN

7:45 P.M. - William Mason H.S., OH

8:15 P.M. - Carmel H.S., IN

8:30 P.M. - Round Rock H.S., TX

10:00 P.M. - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

Friday:

6:00 A.M. - Owasso H.S., OK

6:30 A.M. - Flower Mound H.S., TX (yikes)

8:30 A.M. - Blue Springs H.S., MO

9:00 A.M. - The Woodlands H.S., TX

9:45 A.M. - Prosper H.S., TX

1:45 P.M. - Marion Catholic H.S., IL

Go Team Texas!

Significant Times (CST)

Thursday:

2:15 P.M. - Broken Arrow H.S., OK

3:30 P.M. - Castle H.S., IN

4:15 P.M. - O’Fallon Township H.S., IL

4:30 P.M. - Marcus H.S., TX

6:45 P.M. - Avon H.S., IN

7:45 P.M. - William Mason H.S., OH

8:15 P.M. - Carmel H.S., IN

8:30 P.M. - Round Rock H.S., TX

10:00 P.M. - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

Friday:

6:00 A.M. - Owasso H.S., OK

6:30 A.M. - Flower Mound H.S., TX (yikes)

8:30 A.M. - Blue Springs H.S., MO

9:00 A.M. - The Woodlands H.S., TX

9:45 A.M. - Prosper H.S., TX

1:45 P.M. - Marion Catholic H.S., IL

Go Team Texas!

Ohhhh thank you so much for doing this! I was going to make something similar tomorrow and I'd already completely forgotten about the different time zones! Would have missed Broken Arrow for sure.

Just some food for thought...

The Highest and lowest scores that have been recorded for 12th place at GN Semifinals since 2000 were 85.40 in 2012 and 90.50 in 2007.

Using that knowledge any band that has scored above a 90.50 this season has statistically a 100% chance of being in finals. 

(Of course that is purely anecdotal evidence but then again so is a predictions list!)

Those Bands would be (Included only if they are going to nationals):

Carmel(IN)

Avon(IN)

Flower Mound(TX)

Marcus(TX)

The Woodlands(TX)

That leaves another 7 bands to make finals. Bands that have scored within the 85.40+ margin this season and going to nationals are...

Castle(IN)

Union(OK)

Homestead(IN)

Marian Catholic(IL)

Broken Arrow(OK)

Blue Springs(MO)

O'Fallon Township(IL)

Owasso(OK)

Round Rock(TX)

Winston Churchill(TX)

That's 10 bands.

bands in top 40 but have not scored in this margin to watch out for would be...

Center Grove(IN)

Franklin(TN)

Dobyns-Bennett(TN)

William Mason(OH)

Thats 21 bands that have a projected shot at finals in 2017. Only 12 get in(Unless a tie).

Predictions... Just Finalists; no order other than top 6 and bottom 6.

Carmel(IN)

Avon(IN)

Flower Mound(TX)

Marcus(TX)

The Woodlands(TX)

Broken Arrow(OK)

Round Rock(TX)

Castle(IN)

Union(OK)

Blue Springs(MO)

Homestead(IN)

Marian Catholic(IL)

Leaving out...

Winston Churchill(TX)

O'Fallon Township(IL)

Owasso(OK)

Center Grove(IN)

Franklin(TN)

Dobyns-Bennett(TN)

William Mason(OH)

Any of these band have the potential to make finals and I cant wait to see how it plays out! :) 

data - I love data - very good points - thanks for sharing

Fort Mill has some of my favorite soloist this year. The oboe, flute, and violin are just superb. There is a moment during the flute and violin duet when the flute soloist is leaving the platform and she looks over at the violinist and they exchange smiles of excitement and of complete satisfaction. It is priceless.

Has anyone figured out a way to watch the live stream in the most economical way?  I can only watch one day and am not willing to pay $30 for the short part of the day I'm available.  Frustrating that they don't offer a "by the event" option.

No, the $30 is as cheap as it gets.  What you might want to do next year is order it for a 30 day period which includes Grand Nats, and the 3 weekends prior to that.  That is what I did so that I could take the most advantage of the one month cost.  I've been able to watch it the last 3 weekends and will finish up with GN this weekend before I cancel my subscription on Sunday.  THAT makes it worth it.   ;)

Broken Arrow came out far stronger than I had anticipated from how they scored in St. Louis. Just goes to show was a few weeks of practice can achieve. That said, they are certainly in the hunt. They got GE galore and a strong musical book. 

Homestead came out a bit safe but they have cleaned up A LOT visually from the Indy Super Regional and you can see why they won state last week. I think the added visual changes are great as well. Performing today on Thursday gives them one more day of practice to work out the kinks and really bring the energy come semi's.

Franklin performed probably my favorite show they have done. Sadly, I don't think it quite has enough "oomph" to get them into finals discussion. However, it is a beautiful show visually and engaging musically.

Fort Mill had a really fun show but I don't think it may have been their strongest run. But I just loved the music and theme of the show.

Dobyns-Bennett....talk about cleaning up the show! That has a great show I think at making finals on Saturday if they have another run like that!

Union knows how to sell their show. The singer is certainly improved too from the Indy Super Regional. The visual packaging is very well put together.