2016 6A UIL State

Well Flowermound just made things interesting, because I actually think Hebron was stronger this morning. I don't think they will be as high up in the rankings as they should be and I know people don't believe in the "early judging" weighing but I really do, I think it will affect them this year just like it did two years ago (went like 4th and took fourth in prelims by a long shot or something like that)

I really think Hebron and Flomo will be and some fingers above everyone else. Flomo is just a bit better than they were at area and Hebron is almost not even comparable to where they were two weeks ago. This is my opinion, I still also have Marcus in the three spot and my alma mater in the top five (Reagan) but I don't think it will play out that way. If you didn't wake up to see Hebron this morning (or Cy-Fair, Fairbanks or Westlake for that matter), you need to see them. You need to hear how clean they are and how powerful their low brass is. It makes my marching years from 2003-2006 at Reagan look like nothing. I really personally believe that Hebron will be on top tomorrow morning.

Do you think it also worries Hebron????

Hebron has a lot to be confident about. They are a known UIL State 6A Medalist. They have established themselves and separated themselves from the crowd over the past couple of years. And their show this year was very well designed. It even rivals their product from last year. 

But for Cy Fair, a band that has never made State Finals and is up and coming, they do not have a lot of previous history to go off of. 

I'm not trying to say name is a huge factor or even a factor at all when judges are deciding the ten finalists. But what I do know is that Hebron is a common name the judges know about compared to Cy Fair.

What I think will happen is that Hebron will not be as high as it should place in prelims due to their scheduling, but they will final. That is a pretty safe bet. 

http://utdirect.utexas.edu/uilsmbc/lbw2_sched_results.WBX?s_conference=6A&s_round=1&s_display_sw=R

Flower Mound seems like a solid lock to win. Bronze (perhaps silver for that matter) is a toss up when you throw out Judge 5's ordinals. They seemed to be a little off from everyone else upon first glance.

Geez, gotta feel for cedar ridge!! One spot out for boa SA and state finals in the same year? That's rough...so before anyone complains about a judges score, or says "but my band did blah," think about how unlucky cedar ridge was this week. Yikes.

And wow, a year without ld bell in boa finals and Duncanville not in UIL finals...the times sure are changing.

Hebron has a lot to be confident about. They are a known UIL State 6A Medalist. They have established themselves and separated themselves from the crowd over the past couple of years. And their show this year was very well designed. It even rivals their product from last year.

But for Cy Fair, a band that has never made State Finals and is up and coming, they do not have a lot of previous history to go off of.

I'm not trying to say name is a huge factor or even a factor at all when judges are deciding the ten finalists. But what I do know is that Hebron is a common name the judges know about compared to Cy Fair.

What I think will happen is that Hebron will not be as high as it should place in prelims due to their scheduling, but they will final. That is a pretty safe bet.