6:00 - Finals Opening Ceremony

6:15 - First Finalist Band

7:30 - Break

7:45 - Finalist Band #6

8:45 - Last Finalist Band

9:00 - Full Retreat

9:15 - Awards Ceremony

Edited by Xenon
Did some reformatting; hope you don't mind.

So I'd give Flomarching this fall a 6. They covered every event, and when the video quality was good it was GOOD. But there was so much pixelation, skipping, audio sync issues, and they have absolutely no idea how to mic a field for a marching band.

If Flomarching is a 6, then this Box 5 Mr. Video one is a 15/10. The audio quality is sublime, they have AMAZING camera angles, and it has a dvr function. Video quality could be a touch higher. But compared to what I suffered through this weekend, Mr. Video has set up a truly professional webcast with people that know how to do mics for marching band.

Music For All should look to Mr. Video, I am so impressed with this.

So I'd give Flomarching this fall a 6. They covered every event, and when the video quality was good it was GOOD. But there was so much pixelation, skipping, audio sync issues, and they have absolutely no idea how to mic a field for a marching band.

If Flomarching is a 6, then this Box 5 Mr. Video one is a 15/10. The audio quality is sublime, they have AMAZING camera angles, and it has a dvr function. Video quality could be a touch higher. But compared to what I suffered through this weekend, Mr. Video has set up a truly professional webcast with people that know how to do mics for marching band.

Music For All should look to Mr. Video, I am so impressed with this.

Did you watch any of the livecasts of BOA SA in previous years? Excellent sound quality the past...seven years? I can't example remember when the first BOA SA livecast happened. I'm wondering if Mr. Video used to do it before and if they just lost a contract with Music For All this year. 

So would you say you highly recommend the livecast for the SMBCs?

Did you watch any of the livecasts of BOA SA in previous years? Excellent sound quality the past...seven years? I can't example remember when the first BOA SA livecast happened. I'm wondering if Mr. Video used to do it before and if they just lost a contract with Music For All this year. 

So would you say you highly recommend the livecast for the SMBCs?

HIGHLY recommend. 

And yes, I remember the previous webcasts before FloMarching took over and they were fine, don't remember anything to complain about. 

Yes, judge's rule has been used before. In 2001 1A between Sundown and Throckmorton. The one that had the lower rank score was incorrectly announced as the champion without realizing that the rule needed to be applied. As such, they were eventually both named co-champions.

what, how?

That is messed up

It makes sense that they'd implement a policy where if the majority of judges in music (the emphasis of UIL) and one marching judge agree that a band is the best, the band should get first. 

It kind of makes sense mathematically. It is really hard to lose if you get three first places:

for one band to get second with three judges giving them one's it would have to look like (pay mind that this is the worst has to be 4 or greater because judges preference would reward a tie if it were a 3) :

2 2 1 1 2 = 8

1 1 4 2 1 = 9

That four very much sticks out as an outlier, which is uniquely a big deal when the majority of judges gave one band the championship. In the case of N Lamar and Argyle that 7 sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't agree with the other scores. 

1 North Lamar H S, Paris 1 3 1 1 7 13 2 Argyle HS, Argyle 3 1 2 2 3 11

A more interest scenario would be if N Lamar would have gotten 1 7 1 1 7. Though I think UIL is banking on the assumption that if two musics and one marching judge agree on a champion, a fourth judge would rank them similarly and only the last judge would be an outlier.