2016 BOA San Antonio

Pretty bummed Vista didn't make finals. Their music is pretty darn good.

Shows you how amazing Texas is.

I watched Indianapolis, Atlanta, and STL (the other Supers) and Vista Ridge and probably the next 10 bands out of finals in San Antonio would probably not only make finals but place in the top half.

Vista's music is up there, however their Marching leaves them on bubble in a crazy tough competition.

Here are some of the bubble bands with great shows that missed finals:

• LD Bell
  • Westlake
  • Vista Ridge
  • Friendswood
  • Dripping Springs

Others that had strong years and good performances and missed are:

• Aledo
  • Keller Central
  • James Martin
  • Sandra Day O'Connor "Great show and great year"
  • Wakeland
  • Alvin
  • Anderson
  • and more

http://www.ksat.com/education/high-school-bands-battle-for-music-honors-at-the-bands-of-america-super-regionals

I'm going to be really upset if Grand Nationals is as low quality as this San Antonio webcast is.  Absolutely terrible and unwatchable.  

I sent them an email, if you're unhappy I'd suggest the same.  Maybe if they hear enough feedback they'll ensure that Grand Nationals is bearable.  

Great job Friendswood.  

I'm going to be really upset if Grand Nationals is as low quality as this San Antonio webcast is.  Absolutely terrible and unwatchable.  

I sent them an email, if you're unhappy I'd suggest the same.  Maybe if they hear enough feedback they'll ensure that Grand Nationals is bearable.  

Great job Friendswood.  

It honestly sounds like a mic issue because I hear the announcer loud and clear, but the bands sound muffled. I also sent them an email and I'll like send MFA/BOA an email. The quality different between this year and every other year I've watched is just too stark and they should maybe consider a different vendor for next year.

When I first saw Hendrickson on the BOA Austin Regional Webcast I knew that show was something special. Such a clever and well designed product. And they really sell this thing so well. Favorite part would have to be the final moments where the trombones are going to town with the band absolutely blasting underneath that. One of my favorites this year, easily. Thank you Hendrickson! (accidentally posted a little early).

Great job Friendswood.  

Confused as to why Friendswood performed. They didn't make finals, but they still received an exhibition?

I finally got to see FloMo and Leander. NOW I see what you're talking about!

Wakeland didn't make finals, but for a band with all new staff except 1 who had been there for 1 year, I think they did awesome. For the older students, it was hard to watch so many of your band directors go to a rival school after a record setting year. Hearing that 3rd in 3A perked them up and gave them a shot in the arm. Of course they wanted to make finals, but seeing the competition, I think everyone is just thrilled to get a mention.

Keep in mind that the new director is in his first gig as a top director and they changed shows when he was hired in July. They didn't have all their music for the longest time.

I learned a lot watching all of these amazing bands in one place. I feel for LD Bell and some others that were expected to be in the finals but weren't. I'm thrilled for those who are there for the first time.

Thanks to everyone for talking me through my first year. I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinion. I'd say this board is spot-on for calling the outcomes.

I'm eager to see prelim scores too.

Very interested in this Cypress Falls and their growth the past couple of years.

1. Attended BOA Atlanta Super Regionals in 2013 and 2015

2. Made finals in 2013 and 2015

3. Made a name for themselves

4. Kids in the program know what it is like to advance to finals in a Super Regional and are eagerly craving for more

5. 2016 they make BOA SA finals behind the great reputation they've built themselves at Atlanta as well as their hard work ethic.

Anyone feel more up and coming bands should do the same? Make a name for themselves by attending a relatively easier Super Regional, at the same time exposing the kids to the experience of making finals and placing well, and then following that up by attending BOA SA and see the program growth? I think this method is more effective than attending BOA SA as an up and coming band every year. But that is just me.

Very interested in this Cypress Falls and their growth the past couple of years.

1. Attended BOA Atlanta Super Regionals in 2013 and 2015

2. Made finals in 2013 and 2015

3. Made a name for themselves

4. Kids in the program know what it is like to advance to finals in a Super Regional and are eagerly craving for more

5. 2016 they make BOA SA finals behind the great reputation they've built themselves at Atlanta as well as their hard work ethic.

Anyone feel more up and coming bands should do the same? Make a name for themselves by attending a relatively easier Super Regional, at the same time exposing the kids to the experience of making finals and placing well, and then following that up by attending BOA SA and see the program growth? I think this method is more effective than attending BOA SA as an up and coming band every year. But that is just me.

You have a good point along with CyFalls Clements and Clear Brook also have gone to the Atlanta Super BOA Regional. All three made State this year.

My point exactly. And while I was overall unimpressed with Clear Brook's show compared to many other Area E bands (just my opinion), Clements has definitely elevated themselves over from last year. They are executing a more difficult show better. Attending out of state super regionals should not meant to be looked down on,