2016 BOA San Antonio

Yeah, I would guess your omission of Cedar Park is in error.  I have a few other problems with your list, I doubt seriously Reagan would finish that 'low'.

I also doubt seriously that Vandegrift would win the whole thing.  They may have a real shot at taking state or at least a medal but I simply don't see them

finishing all the way on top at BOASA.  I love them, but I don't think their early lead on Leander will hold up either.  I would bet FloMo, Reagan and Leander in some order are your top 3 and medalists.  As someone said before though we may have an unprecedented closeness in scoring.  I wouldn't be shocked to see 1-10 separated by no more than say, maybe 3 points. 

Flowermound

Reagan

Leander

Vandy

Hebron

CTJ

Marcus

Cedar Park (could be a lot higher)

Woodlands

Keller

Round Rock

LD Bell

Vista Ridge

I don't know who the bubble band would be, way too close.

Music: Hebron or Flomo

Visual: Reagan or Flomo

GE: Reagan or Flomo

This will come down to Flomo's GE score. If they pull off what I think they will, I think they'll be a little untouchable

There are just so many bands that could make finals here, Hendrickson, vista ridge, cedar ridge, Winston Churchill, Westlake, dripping springs, rouse, new braunfels, Keller, Keller central... any band should be stoked about getting in even the top 20 of this contest let alone finals. The crazy part is that only a couple of those bands can make it due to the extreme number of locks.

Flomo

Reagan

Leander

Ctj

Hebron

Cedar park

Marcus

The woodlands

Ld bell

Vandegrift

Round rock

In my opinion all the above bands are locks, that leaves three spots guys. THREE, for the nine I listed above. That's incredible.

Having watching multitudes of videos from all TX bands, I just don't see Flomo taking it all.....if I had to choose, I'd choose Reagan to take it. The show is full, complex, clear and well executed with great vocals. Love the costume changes and use of props (without "over use"). CTJ and Flomo will battle it out for 2nd IMO. 

Having watching multitudes of videos from all TX bands, I just don't see Flomo taking it all.....if I had to choose, I'd choose Reagan to take it. The show is full, complex, clear and well executed with great vocals. Love the costume changes and use of props (without "over use"). CTJ and Flomo will battle it out for 2nd IMO. 

I have not seen FloMo perform but I was very impressed with Reagan. Just all around a great show and CTJ was awesome! There is going to be some crazy competition this year. I can't wait!

It really just depends on their performances at San Antonio this week. I personally watched CTJ end up behind Reagan, Bowie, Round Rock, and Hendrickson in the Area D prelims. Of course, that was UIL judging and they really didn't have a great run. It will be a completely different story on Friday and Saturday in the prelims depending on numerous factors and in the finals, it's a completely different situation playing back-to-back with the other top bands. All we can do is speculate at this point and none of the previous performances really matter then. The only thing we can be sure of is that it will be exciting and the displays of talent will be mind-blowing!

Your top 5 is most likely:

Vandegrift

Flower Mound

Hebron

Leander

Marcus

Followed by:

CTJ

Reagan

Keller

Bowie

The Woodlands

Then Finals up in the air between:

Round Rock

Vista Ridge

Hendrickson

Westlake

Churchill

Cedar Ridge

LD Bell

I would rank 1-14 as follows

Vandegrift

Flower Mound

Hebron

Leander

CTJ

Marcus

Reagan

Keller

Bowie

The Woodlands

LD Bell

Round Rock

Hendrickson

Vista Ridge

The exclusion of Cedar Park was only due to my inability to find them on the schedule. Clearly I would think they are a top half finals band.

I have yet to find or see a video of Reagan this year.

I usually predict CTJ pretty low because I don't like their style. They try to write really hard drill for high schoolers that usually isn't achieved at a high level and every time I have seen them live I was greatly underwhelmed by the execution.

The locks in top 5 were due to actually seeing this bands and their execution levels, also being very impressed. While we don't always attribute UIL success to BOA, Vandegrift won BOA Austin as well as Area H.

I would probably say I would rank everyone:

Flower Mound

Vandegrift

Leander

Hebron

Reagan

Marcus

CTJ

Cedar Park

Bowie

Keller

LD Bell

The Woodlands

Round Rock

Hendrickson

Ok so the contest is only three days away so I'm gonna try my best at final predictions. Next to teach band will be the highest and lowest placement I could believably see them in.

1.Flowermound (highest 1st, lowest 3rd)

2.Leander (highest 1st, lowest 3rd)

3.Reagan (highest 1st, lowest 3rd)

4.CTJ (highest 4th, lowest 6th)

5.Vandegrift(highest 4th, lowest 7th)

6.Cedar Park(highest 4th, lowest 8th)

7.Hebron(highest 5th, lowest 8th)

8.Marcus(highest 6th, lowest 8th)

9.Woodlands(highest 7th, lowest 10th)

10.Round Rock(highest 8th, lowest 11th)

11.LD Bell( highest 9th, lowest 12th)

12.Hendrickson(highest 10th, lowest 13th)

13.Vista Ridge(highest 12, lowest 14th)

14.Keller(highest 12th, lowest 14th)

Music: could see going to flower mound, Reagan, vandegrift, or even leander with a knockout run like 14.

Visual: flower mound and Reagan are both very clean so either could take it, however both ctj and Leander have incredible amounts of choreography and difficult drill so they may take this caption much like ctj in 14.

GE: flower mound, leander, or Reagan. All three have fantastically designed shows in my opinion and a great performance could give any one of them the GE caption.

Whew that was ROUGH, so many great bands. I do not envy the judges here one bit.

HornRank predictions:

Predictions

1. Flower Mound H.S., TX

2. Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

3. Vandegrift H.S., TX

4. Cedar Park H.S., TX

5. Claudia Taylor Johnson H.S., TX

6. Hebron H.S., TX

7. Leander H.S., TX

8. Marcus H.S., TX

9. LD Bell H.S., TX

10. Round Rock H.S., TX

11. The Woodlands H.S., TX

12. Keller H.S., TX

13. Hendrickson H.S., TX

14. Vista Ridge H.S., TX

Leander won't be that low, barring something catastrophic or a very off performance. I'm more than a little confused by that prediction actually.

Their show has too much point potential to be that low and they are better each time I see them. I think they are past the point of a really bad run. I also wouldn't be surprised if Round Rock, Hendrickson, and Vista Ridge move up a a slot or two.

HornRank just lost some credibility... why would they have Leander ranked ahead of 3 bands they have them picked to finish behind? So they finished ahead of these bands at a healthy margin in Austin and have been arguably one of the bands that are progressing the most throughout the season (look at the last video) and they come up with that? Sorry that is laughable but I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong.

I gotta say after seeing a quality video of Reagan I just don't see then winning San Antonio or nationals honestly. Don't get me wrong they march and play great but I find myself agreeing with others that have said its too much singing not enough full ensemble playing. The show feels like a musical to me not a marching show.

I gotta say after seeing a quality video of Reagan I just don't see then winning San Antonio or nationals honestly. Don't get me wrong they march and play great but I find myself agreeing with others that have said its too much singing not enough full ensemble playing. The show feels like a musical to me not a marching show.

I think their show comes off better live. I heard it twice on Saturday and it was very impressive.

I agree 100%. The vocalist adds nice effect, but there is a little too much for me.

The show is pretty spectacular from a visual stand point, just breath taking to watch. However I agree the wind book is missing something, a strength that I believe Flower Mound has over Reagan right now (and last year as well). It reminds me of Broken Arrows 2011 show, but they ended up winning Nationals so I think Reagan is in great shape overall. Besides I haven't been too impressed with Tarpon, Avon, and William Mason this year. It's a shame the two shows that scream to me champion aren't going to Grand Nats (Flower Mound and Broken Arrow).