2016 BOA San Antonio

I made these predictions a couple days ago, based on watching some UIL area videos and looking at those results (I am aware that UIL and BOA judge differently, just wanted to see where they stood), and this is what I came up with:

1 Flower Mound (hands down the favorite)

2 Ronald Reagan

3 Claudia Taylor Johnson

4 Marcus

5 Hebron
6 Vandegrift

7 Leander (had a difficult time deciding between Marcus, Hebron, Vandegrift, and Leander)

8 Cedar Park

9 Keller (could even finish a little higher, they're doing some special things this year!)

10 Round Rock

11 L.D. Bell

12 The Woodlands

13 Hendrickson

14 Westlake

Just missed the cut

Cedar Ridge

Churchill

Plano East

Woodlands College Park

Vista Ridge

James Martin

There are easily about 20-25 bands that could qualify for finals, this contest is so wide open. It'll be fun to see!

Well.  Something really strange is going on with my feed, but seems like everyone else I know that is watching is having no issue.  Feed is stuck in Dripping Springs performance, freezes consistently, and then rewinds back to the same spot.  So I guess I'm done for the day unless it magically starts working again. 

Have fun if you're watching...

Well. Something really strange is going on with my feed, but seems like everyone else I know that is watching is having no issue. Feed is stuck in Dripping Springs performance, freezes consistently, and then rewinds back to the same spot. So I guess I'm done for the day unless it magically starts working again.

Have fun if you're watching...

Have you tried using Chrome?

Have you tried using Chrome?

Have tried 4 different browsers, 3 different computers, emptied the cache, deleted cookies, restarted my computer, reset my internet, and everything inbetween so I have no idea what to do now. 

Indianapolis feed is working great is the really strange thing. 

Not too be too prejudice against Horn Rank, BUT I think that I've seen them be WAY off WAAAAAAY too many times to even trust the predictions are based on any accurate past or present scores or based on all factors that go into placement. I do think that each band that they have placed is likely in finals, however I think the placement of many of the bands is way too high or vice versa.

With that said, it's a clean slate for everyone this year, and I do not personally believe that any placement in a previous year has anything to do with how a band will do in the present year. When I was a freshman in the Hebron band, we did not even make BOA San Antonio finals and then the next year we made BOA San Antonio finals and got 2nd at state. It all depends on that particular group of kids, and I think that's obvious with Flower Mound's progression, as well, over the past few years. We'll see how this weekend goes. If I'm wrong about Horn Rank and their predictions, so be it. I just don't think they're that reliable, considering the biased opinions I'm sure many have when placing bands.

Good luck to everyone today and tomorrow!!

Got it working again. 

Cypress Falls was a blast, really fun show. 

But alas the audio quality of this webcast went from bad to a lot worse after this break.  Sounds like it's being recorded through a tin can...

For real man, the audio is awful. And this stream ain't cheap lol

I see most predictions place twhs pretty low.. what are your reasons for this?

CTJ.

What do I mean?  TWHS came in 3rd at Conroe.  Behind Reagan (#1) and Johnson (#2).  Johnson also came in 3rd at Austin behind Leander (#2) and Vandegrift (#1).  The Plano regional also had Hebron (who came off a #2 finish at Nats last year), Marcus (who's Marcus), and then you have Flower Mound, who  basically is rewriting what American marching bands are capable of this season.  All of these bands will be at SA, and if all things stay equal, logically speaking every single one of these bands is slated to outrank TWHS.  I would rank The Woodlands 8th....the only justification I have to rank them higher is that they have a history of peaking late-season....but then, so does a band like Leander.

Got it working again. 

Cypress Falls was a blast, really fun show. 

But alas the audio quality of this webcast went from bad to a lot worse after this break.  Sounds like it's being recorded through a tin can...

If it sounds anything like St. Louis and Atlanta, then I'm on board. Otherwise I just have a crumby audio set-up.

But seriously, when there's a big hit and it sounds like two clarinets, three trombones, and a third trumpet are playing. Is it a marching band, or is it an 80 member kazoo section? 

PHHHZZZZZZ

Gotta give some love to Rouse. They've entered into a whole new level this year. Results aren't always indicative of that, but the performance definitely was. I hope they place well. 

This is a transition year for them.  They have great feeder schools and a new director.  Next year will be a big year for them.

I didn't get there early enough to see hebron, James Martin or any of those groups, got there right as prosper performed and they sounded AMAZING. Very good things coming from them. Marcus was very strong, it was a very Marcus performance, aka pretty close to perfect, I think their sound is just a little off of what it normally is.