Area E Predictions?

Wow, the demand of Cy-Fair's show is incredible, and the students pull it off quite well.

In Seven Lakes' show, you can really see the various moods of each movement. I think that this show was very well designed as visual art and music mesh together.

In general, the quality of performers in this area is quite high, even more so with the number of bands increased. The students should know that their hard work does not go unnoticed.

Anyone know how SFA somehow placed 4th at prelims? They bounced back pretty well to secure first at finals, was it a bad run? I saw Falls's performance, I agree on their result and how they barely scraped by, but I'm still pretty sad that JeT and Seven Lakes didn't make it.

performing so early in the day

Anyone know how SFA somehow placed 4th at prelims? They bounced back pretty well to secure first at finals, was it a bad run? I saw Falls's performance, I agree on their result and how they barely scraped by, but I'm still pretty sad that JeT and Seven Lakes didn't make it. 

Prelims scores are more erratic than finals scores, especially when there are 40 bands. Rather than actually giving very exact scores, most judges in this scenario will give an approximation and just make sure they get the right bands in finals. It's also possible that SFA was better in finals than prelims. It's also possible that being early hurt them a little bit.

Take a look at Clements placements if you dont believe the judges weren't too different. They went from 1st beating all other 39 bands with an eight point lead to tied for 4th

When there are 40 bands in prelims, the judges are going to be inconsistent from one to the next. It usually becomes more streamlined in finals. I mentioned this above. Now, Clements might have been 1st after prelims, and then dropped during finals. Others might have just passed them up, or something else could have happened. It's just hard to tell sometimes.