Duncanville Marching Invitational 2016

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm here at the DMI, but I'm running the tabulation booth keeping track of all the judges' scores and comments and everything so I don't have enough time to run a blog, but I am tweeting pictures of everyone @txbands with #DMI2016. I'll also try and give some general commentary here in this thread later tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm here at the DMI, but I'm running the tabulation booth keeping track of all the judges' scores and comments and everything so I don't have enough time to run a blog, but I am tweeting pictures of everyone @txbands with #DMI2016. I'll also try and give some general commentary here in this thread later tonight or tomorrow.

Announcements should be soon right? Could you let us know who advances? :) 

Sorry, it's been super hectic up here getting ready for Finals!

Percussion - Boswell

Guard - Keller

Winds - Keller

Marching - Coppell

GE - Keller

Finalists (Reverse Prelims rank order):

- Newman Smith

- Trinity

- Southwest

- Lake Ridge

- Keller Central

- LV Berkner

- Waxahachie

- Coppell

- Dripping Springs

- Keller

So, I would love to have your thoughts on the finalists.

Based on what you saw yesterday, do you have any predictions for the top 5 (whew!!) at Area B? 

So, I would love to have your thoughts on the finalists.

Based on what you saw yesterday, do you have any predictions for the top 5 (whew!!) at Area B?

Just real quick before I get into some deeper thoughts later today.

At this point I've seen 19 of the 25 6A Area B bands and I think that Area B is going to be something like:

1-3: Bell, Duncanville, Keller (in some order)

4-6: Coppell, Haltom, Martin (in some order)

7-11: Carroll, Keller Central, Mansfield, Plano East, Timbercreek (in some order) (wouldn't be surprised to see any of these putting up a huge fight for the 5th or Alternate spot)

There will also be some really good bands in the 11-13 range that would have made Area Finals in most other areas.