I've seen Marcus four times now.  Twice on a Friday night and twice at Birdville.  They are just so precise. Everything is spot on. I think the problem is that we expect that from Marcus now.  They are the machine -- an amazingly talented machine. Bands will need to bring their A game to top Marcus.

I have not seen Round Rock nor Hebron this year.  Based on past years, they will bring it. 

As a FloMo parent, I am a bit biased.  Flower Mound's show this year is another step up in the program.  The number of elements in the show are impressive.  And the sound, wow, the sound.  When I heard them at the end of camp show I was blown away.  Now, a month in, it is getting better and better.  Sound from all parts of the filed coming at you.  Then there is the art :)  

Soooooooooo a thought.  Does anyone else think those red things are a curtain that's going to hide a surprise to be added in at the end or at some point?  Was trying to think about how they go with the theme of 360, and was brainstorming.  Just some thoughts.  

12144854_10153204373183549_8792542606220

you're not far off the mark... and there will be more of them and the spinning props added by the end of the year. The final effect will be...dizzying

I realize that neither band can likely perform their entire show, but this Friday night we have Flower Mound at Hebron in football. I'd say don't go get your popcorn during halftime. And then they're back the next day in Carrollton (along with Marcus, and others) for the UIL Region 24 contest - and for that you'll very likely see some abbreviated performances due to the strict time limit.

Soooooooooo a thought.  Does anyone else think those red things are a curtain that's going to hide a surprise to be added in at the end or at some point?  Was trying to think about how they go with the theme of 360, and was brainstorming.  Just some thoughts.  

12144854_10153204373183549_8792542606220

The S shaped props seem to have some purpose too.  They have some kind of mechanism at their base that looks to be for something other than balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Circles are incredibly hard to clean and super easy to see when they are wrong. They are probably the highest exposure-difficulty combination form.

And there are tons and tons of them in this show.

I know that Hebron has the ability to do it by the end of the season, but he only band that I've ever seen that truly pulled off lots of circles throughout the show to an insane level was Bell's The Circle's Edge show in 2011. That show was an absolute visual masterpiece.

Yes, circles are second only to company fronts for being difficult to master and truly pull off. Company fronts are really the only thing I miss from the military band glory days. Seeing a band like Longview or Nederland nail a perfect company front while playing their rear ends off are top memories from those days. I'll never forget The Circle's Edge, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone I just wanted to say that Hebron will be having a send off show at the Hebron high school stadium on Monday the 9th. It will start at 7 p.m. and they will perform their show twice. They're hoping to fill up the stadium so come if you can make it! P.S. It's free! And there will also be a surprise that many of you will want to see!

Hey everyone I just wanted to say that Hebron will be having a send off show at the Hebron high school stadium on Monday the 9th. It will start at 7 p.m. and they will perform their show twice. They're hoping to fill up the stadium so come if you can make it! P.S. It's free! And there will also be a surprise that many of you will want to see!

I bet it's those new uniforms. It would be so cool to see them in person right before they leave!