BOA Grand Nationals 2015 - Texas Bands Going?

Okay, I know it's early, but I'm already getting excited about the Grand Nationals for 2015! I'm curious about which bands from Texas will be going. So far, I have heard from direct sources that both Round Rock and Cedar Ridge are going again. That's 2 so far. I've heard from a source in Indianapolis that also Bowie, CTJ, and The Woodlands may be attending. That would make 5 if that rumor is true. I'm guessing that there may be others, maybe Marcus, LD Bell, and maybe even Hebron. And there could be others!

If we have 7 or more of our top Texas bands go to the Grand Nationals, this could be the most brutal and the most competitive BOA Grand Nationals of all time. I think real history could be made this year if this happens. If you have any information on any of our bands that will be attending, please let us know!

I know of at least one that hasn't been mentioned, but I'm not gonna say anything because I know how some programs are and I respect their privacy.  

Heard the same about Round Rock and Cedar Ridge, excited both are returning!  Both made a huge splash at their first nationals last year and I'm sure they can do it again.  I hope what someone was saying about Hebron, Marcus, and FloMo switching between each other is true, that'd be awesome.  Bowie hasn't been since 2012, would be nice to see them again, they're getting a little more solid every year after already being very formidable.  Heard rumblings about CTJ as well.  Reagan's due for another trip within a couple years.  The Woodlands has went every other year since 2007, hope that trend continues.  Throw that in with Broken Arrow, Avon, Carmel, William Mason, ect., and we could have another monster nationals again if even just some of these bands go.  Already excited about 2015!  Wouldn't surprise me to see a Leander ISD school go some time soon, I think Cedar Park in 2010 was the last one.  

Word has been buzzing through reddit and the BOA forums that CTJ isn't going this year, but we'll see. Bowie is apparently also not happening coming off a big London trip.

It seems as if Hebron is going for real this year. I would expect The Woodlands as well, along with Cedar Ridge and Round Rock. I would bet on Reagan going because it's been a while. Bell is a bit more iffy.  

I would assume that Leander ISD will have at least one representative in 2016.

Bolded years are years TWHS has attended Nationals:

They've gone every other year since 2002, except for 2006-2007 where they went twice in a row.

Out of all the schools, The Woodlands is the most likely school to attend in 2015....you can almost set your watch to it ;)

Thinking about out of staters that are not there every year, would love to see Blue Springs come back, loved them in San Antonio in 2012 and was rather shocked when they missed out on finals, along with Lake Central at Grand Nationals.   Their "Walk Away" show this year was outstanding.   Wando was a hugely pleasant surprise this previous year, would love to see them come again.  Tarpons an every other year band as of late, probably won't see them back unless they want to come defend their title.  I hope Broken Arrow never ever skips a year again, their last 5 shows have just been consistently amazing.  Union's always a nice band when they show up, still shocked about them not making finals in 2012.  

Yeah, I've also heard rumors that CTJ and Bowie are (super unfortunately) bailing on nationals again next year. CTJ was my blind pick for the 2015 eagle, so I'm pretty disappointed. I'm wondering why they aren't going now especially considering state and BOA SA are both held right in their backyards each year - just a simple day trip. Can't imagine expenses getting in the way too much. 

So to make a list of bands almost for sure going, it will be:

- The Woodlands

- Cedar Ridge

- Round Rock

- Hebron (hopefully)

Maybe? (one can hope):

- Ronald Reagan

- Leander

- Cedar Park

- Vandegrift

- LD Bell

- Westlake

- Hendrickson

- Spring

I'm calling Cedar Ridge to be the dark horse for a very high placement this year. Mark Calima knows what he's doing and their last two shows have been very musically interesting. I could actually see them turning into a mid/late-2000's LD Bell with the right show design. It's a bummer they didn't win the Socal regional this past season. OR maybe The Woodlands will bring back a second title, which would be pretty cool too. I thought their descending from chaos show was insanely underrated.

Okay, I know it's early, but I'm already getting excited about the Grand Nationals for 2015! I'm curious about which bands from Texas will be going. So far, I have heard from direct sources that both Round Rock and Cedar Ridge are going again. That's 2 so far. I've heard from a source in Indianapolis that also Bowie, CTJ, and The Woodlands may be attending. That would make 5 if that rumor is true. I'm guessing that there may be others, maybe Marcus, LD Bell, and maybe even Hebron. And there could be others!

If we have 7 or more of our top Texas bands go to the Grand Nationals, this could be the most brutal and the most competitive BOA Grand Nationals of all time. I think real history could be made this year if this happens. If you have any information on any of our bands that will be attending, please let us know!

Wonder what sources from Indy would mention bowie and CTJ going? Woodlands are almost for sure going. Rumors are that seven texas groups have signed up for the event. We'll see come February who those groups are.

I agree about Cedar Ridge, there's something incredibly fresh and inventive about their shows, besides that breath taking vocalist they make the most of each year.  This year especially, their musical package was something fresh and new.  The visual program was nice, maybe needed a little more something that I can't exactly put my finger on, but still extremely solid.  They placed 11th in finals in 2013, but they were 5th in prelims and semis, and were still up towards the top in music in finals.  They're a force to be reckoned with.  Bands for the most part REALLY step up their game in a nationals year, Wakeland was hugely improved over 2013 last year, HUGELY, and I expect Cedar Ridge to keep pushing.  They're the next big thing in Texas IMO.  And that percussion ensemble, drumline and pit, jeez.  They're INCREDIBLE!  

I know of one who still hasn't been mentioned.  

Ooo could it be Hendrickson?

Hendrickson was already mentioned by knowisawesome348.

So to make a list of bands almost for sure going, it will be:

- The Woodlands

- Cedar Ridge

- Round Rock

- Hebron (hopefully)

Maybe? (one can hope):

- Ronald Reagan

- Leander

- Cedar Park

- Vandegrift

- LD Bell

- Westlake

- Hendrickson

- Spring

I'm not mentioning it because I know sometimes this early:

• It's not set in stone.
  • The students might not know.
  • The staff might not want the students to know yet. 
  • Some things might not have been finalized.

ect.  Just respecting whatever schools this is staff just in case there are cases like I stated above.  I'm not witholding a conspiracy guys.  I promise.   :P

WARNING: COMMENCING OVER-ANALYSIS

Given this list, I surmise that LKendrick may be referring to a band that possesses two or more of the following characteristics:

a. - (the likely possibility) Has rarely (or never) gone to Grand Nationals (ex: Wakeland 2014) or

- (the not-so-likely possibility) Never made semi-finals or finals (exs: Hidalgo 2008 and Winston Churchill 2010, respectively) or

For the record Churchill made finals at Grand Nationals in 1998, 1999, 2002 and 2006

- (the not-so-likely possibility) Never made semi-finals or finals (exs: Hidalgo 2008 and Winston Churchill 2010, respectively)

???

Winston Churchill has a very storied BOA history, including multiple BOA GN Finals appearances in 1998, 1999, 2002, and 2006 as well has having held the highest recorded Super/Regional Finals score from 1997-2007.

???

Winston Churchill has a very storied BOA history, including multiple BOA GN Finals appearances in 1998, 1999, 2002, and 2006 as well has having held the highest recorded Super/Regional Finals score from 1997-2007.

Whoops. Sorry about that!! :unsure:

(I misused Winston Churchill 2010 as an example of something that they weren't).

I've decided to scrap the post to simplify things; I'm making things more complicated than they should be.

Though some of the info I originally posted could be considered:

I do not know of any UIL 5A (old 4A) band that went to UIL State and Grand Nationals the same year.

Unless there is a band that has done this, I will assume that none of the Leander ISD bands will go next year due to it being a UIL 5A State year.

I agree! I highly doubt that any of the Leander ISD schools will be going to Grand Nationals because of UIL 5A State year. But, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them go compete in 2016.