As for Cedar Ridge... I was sitting mid-level on the 30-yard line and could not hear the vocalist at all in a couple of spots.  That one part where it is pretty much just her and light percussion, she was just not loud enough for me to hear.  And there was a lot of reverb, too.  In my opinion, a lot of the nuance of that show was lost in the cavernous Alamodome.  Of course, that doesn't affect the marching at all.

As for Cedar Ridge... I was sitting mid-level on the 30-yard line and could not hear the vocalist at all in a couple of spots.  That one part where it is pretty much just her and light percussion, she was just not loud enough for me to hear.  And there was a lot of reverb, too.  In my opinion, a lot of the nuance of that show was lost in the cavernous Alamodome.  Of course, that doesn't affect the marching at all.

I wondered about t his - they turned her down actually to focus on the marching/playing which I could hear the band fine.

I just want to point out that this is the first time since 2004 (when Cedar Park took the silver medal) that a band outside of the Dallas area has medaled at UIL state, and the 2nd since 2000. HUGE congrats to Claudia Taylor Johnson! 

Also when was the last time a band made it into finals on their first trip to state (in 5A/6A)? I know Marcus didn't.

I just want to point out that this is the first time since 2004 (when Cedar Park took the silver medal) that a band outside of the Dallas area has medaled at UIL state, and the 2nd since 2000. HUGE congrats to Claudia Taylor Johnson!

Also when was the last time a band made it into finals on their first trip to state (in 5A/6A)? I know Marcus didn't.

Last year with Lake Ridge

Edit: If you mean old 5A new 6A then I have no clue

This year also marks the first time a DFW band didn't medal at San Antonio in about a decade as well.

However, 2006 Churchill won the bronze (and it should have been outright).