BOA Denton - 10/4

I'll take Richland and Flower Mound as my wild cards for Saturday.  You never know what those two are going to put on the field but it's going to be creative and well choreographed.  There's a good chance that one or both will place high.

Thank you for your comments. There will always be the Bells, and Marcus bands in marching, its the other schools like Richland and Flower Mound that Im interested in cheering for and know they work hard to compete Good luck to all Denton bands and marching contest around North Texas. 

Finals Results

86.30 - Hebron H.S., TX

85.45 - Marcus H.S., TX

84.80 - Flower Mound H.S., TX

84.35 - L.D. Bell H.S., TX

81.15 - Coppell H.S., TX

79.95 - Aledo H.S., TX

79.05 - Wakeland H.S., TX

77.45 - Mansfield H.S., TX

76.60 - Richland H.S., TX

76.45 - L.V. Berkner H.S., TX

Outstanding Music Performance - Hebron H.S., TX

Outstanding Visual Performance - L.D. Bell H.S., TX

Outstanding General Effect - Hebron H.S., TX

Any reactions to the results?

I was on the fence until I saw Marcus and Hebron play back to back in finals. I thought both shows were great. I thought Hebron sounded better and their show just flows so well. They should have another great run this season. Marcus sounded great as well and the props are wonderful. It is early so both bands will only get better. They will be very close come November.

Flower Mounds show was one of my favorites of the evening. Beatiful color and music. If they tighten up that show they will also be a contender both in SA and Grand nats.

LD Bell show is beatiful visually as always. I think they are focusing more on the music and that should pay off. They sounded great.

Coppell showed another side of them. They still had the awesome controlled blow your hair back moments but they featured the winds more then usual and they were very effective.

It is early. Come November it's going to be a dog fight in the Alamodome. I thought last year was incredible but this year my be even better.

I just gotta say, I cannot WAIT to see how Flower Mound does at Grand Nationals this year. I think they legitimately have a great shot at being a Grand Nationals finalist! I was genuinely impressed by what I saw from them!  

I'm also really digging what I saw from Wakeland. Not only are they fun to watch, but they should make some noise at Indy as well! 

This was one heck of a regional, and it makes me even more excited to see what Conroe will be like.

The MFA videos came out today. I only watched Hebron, Marcus, and Flower Mound, but I think the judges got it right.

Flower Mound's GE is unbelievable and was my favorite of the three shows. They took a lot of visual elements from last year (which got them very high visual and visual GE scores in San Antonio) and added more effective music to it. Visually, I think there's a lot of influence from Plymouth Canton's 2001 show and it's working wonderfully. Musically (in terms of general effect), they were my favorite band of the three. Just a whole lot of cool things going on including an amazing horn feature at the beginning (much like Lassiter's 2002 closer). I think they're going to do great down the road and can't wait to see where this show ends up. If they clean it in a style similar to Round Rock last year I think they'll place very well at Grand Nationals.

I have noticed a lot of really cool visual aspects in Hebrons show. In the first movement there is a shoe, then a clock right after that. There is also a heart at one of the really big moments in the first movement that includes the brass and percussion, the woodwinds are in an arch in the front. In the ballad, when the cinderellas change their dresses and I think the band neels down now, but at that moment of your high enough, it looks like the pumpkin carriage. And so far in the closer the only other amazing visual I have noticed was the heart breaking in half after the ballroom dance portion. Really cool stuff from them!

I also really like LD bells translucent flags. Those are just beautiful.