Drumline books/shows that amazed you

Percussionization

This is a thread for all of the percussion freaks! This will be a discussion about all drumlines in Texas and what you think about them. What is YOUR favorite drum book? Show? What was the hardest, fastest, and coolest show/book you have seen? Your favorite line in Texas? Your favorite section? Your favorite section from a certain school? Your favorite uniform (sorry, I had to :D )? Your favorite everything! Do not limit yourself to this year, go as far back as you want!

I really wish I had a better quality video of this 2006 book.  It's a repost of the original (which had over 10,000 views before it was taken down).  The Georgetown Drumline won the Fred Sanford award at PASIC that year (top score out of everybody in all competitions), and they won Standstill at Lonestar and at CenTex.  I can't pinpoint where it is in the show but the Marimbas have some six-mallet work at one point.  I love all the different deep and metallic crashes in the pit, and how the whole front part of the line really gets into it with body visuals.  Dempsey's 2005-2007 Georgetown percussion books are all really cool.

Round Rock 2007.  They won Lonestar this year.  What I really like about this one is the SICK drum work....nifty stick visuals, the cymbal-chick feature (which they must do like every year).....but really where the Georgetown vid was all about the pit, this is all about the drums.

I also like Round Rock's 2010 book "The Dragon".....but you already know that :).

Can't forget the drum break from The Cavaliers' 2008 Samurai show.  Took 2nd in Drums, but it's such a wicked cool book!

Bluecoats' 2012 feature from finals warmup.  Love the writing in this one....and of course the bass drum heads :).

I cannot agree with you any more with the Bluecoats Ritual. One of my favorite drum features. And when the Tenors come front and center and play their feature, EVERYBODY is just cheering and screaming. Best tenor line in my opinion. And I am with you also in the Cavaliers. That was such a great feature, especially when the snares play diddles to singles that clean like that. Holy crap! My favorite drum break of this year was the Cadets! The snares playing alternating flams on triplets, at 150? I cannot even BEGIN to imagine how hard it was to clean that up! Colin McNutt probably just decided one day, "I'm gonna write something that's really freaking hard." Haha

• 6 months later...