2012 Area D 5A Marching Contest

For every five bands at the contest, one advances to state. So the top six bands from Area D should advance.

I think it's relatively safe to assume that Reagan, Churchill, CT Johnson and Bowie advance, but there are several other bands that should complete for the other two spots.

For every five bands at the contest, one advances to state. So the top six bands from Area D should advance.

I think it's relatively safe to assume that Reagan, Churchill, CT Johnson and Bowie advance, but there are several other bands that should complete for the other two spots.

I would say Chirchill going to have struggles getting in finals let alone getting a spot.

Going to be an interesting Contest, so why not start a seperate post?

Full Schedule!

http://www.mcneilband.org/Portals/0/5A%20A...dule%202012.pdf

Predictions?

Also, how do you determine how many bands advance to state?

I'll play..... - It's just all so confusing...

MY PC VERSION:

Area D finals:

1st, 2nd and 3rd slot: anybody's game

Bowie

Round Rock

CT Johnson

4th, 5th and 6th:

Ronald Regan

Cedar Ridge

Hendrickson

7th and 8th:

Anderson

Westlake

9th and 10th:

Lake Travis

Churchill

My un-PC version of advancement to State

1. CT Johnson

2. Bowie

3. Round Rock

4. Ronald Reagan

5. Cedar Ridge

6. Hendrickson

(7) Anderson

• PC = Politically Correct :

Oh God. This will be fun. :P

1. James Bowie
    2. Claudia Taylor Johnson
    3. Ronald Reagan
    4. Round Rock
    5. Westlake
    6. Cedar Ridge
    7. Anderson
    8. Hendrickson
    9. Churchill
    10. Lake Travis

My latest non Politically Correct:

1. CTJ
    2. Bowie
    3. Westlake
    4. Round Rock
    5. Lake Travis
    6. Cedar Ridge
    7. Ronald Reagan
    8. Anderson
    9. Pflugerville
    10. Churchill

Gah, I can't believe they're only taking six bands...wasn't this the same situation in 2010, 34 bands at area so only six advance to state? What a shame, there's so many great bands at this competition and there are definitely more than six that deserve to advance...

Anyways, I think that Johnson, Bowie, Round Rock, Reagan, and even Westlake are all pretty solid for advancing. I don't know if Cedar Ridge, Anderson, or Churchill will claim the last spot.

My bands advancing:

1. Bowie

2. CTJ

3. Round Rock

4. Regan

5. Anderson

6. Westlake

No surprises there. Cedar Ridge and Churchill have a shot at squeezing someone out of there. The real drama will be in who rounds out finals. My best guess:

7. Cedar Ridge

8. Churchill

9. Hendrickson

10. Pflugerville

I'm still unsure of my PISD homies, they can be so unpredictable, but I really hope they both make it into finals. Hendrickson is so entertaining but there sound is still a little undeveloped. Or at least it was at Westlake, I haven't seen them since. Their color guard looks better than ever, but we all know that doesn't mean much to UIL. Pflugerville's drill is the cleanest I've seen from them in years, but like Hendrickson, they just don't have the top-notch ensemble sound of the big dogs.

Everyone talks about Lake Travis, McNeil and Westwood being the bubble bands for finals, and I can't argue with that at all. However, I think Judson should also be thrown into that mix. Lets not forget that they beat Lake Travis in prelims and finals at Westlake.

Should be a fun contest. I usually only show up for finals but I may make a day out of it and go to prelims.

My bands advancing:

1. Bowie

2. CTJ

3. Round Rock

4. Regan

5. Anderson

6. Westlake

No surprises there. Cedar Ridge and Churchill have a shot at squeezing someone out of there. The real drama will be in who rounds out finals. My best guess:

7. Cedar Ridge

8. Churchill

9. Hendrickson

10. Pflugerville

I'm still unsure of my PISD homies, they can be so unpredictable, but I really hope they both make it into finals. Hendrickson is so entertaining but there sound is still a little undeveloped. Or at least it was at Westlake, I haven't seen them since. Their color guard looks better than ever, but we all know that doesn't mean much to UIL. Pflugerville's drill is the cleanest I've seen from them in years, but like Hendrickson, they just don't have the top-notch ensemble sound of the big dogs.

Everyone talks about Lake Travis, McNeil and Westwood being the bubble bands for finals, and I can't argue with that at all. However, I think Judson should also be thrown into that mix. Lets not forget that they beat Lake Travis in prelims and finals at Westlake.

Should be a fun contest. I usually only show up for finals but I may make a day out of it and go to prelims.

I can see Hendrickson in there. Their drill has cleaned up but they sound about as good as they sounded at Conroe. I think Lake Travis' biggest downfall is GE and size. Neither of those matter in UIL. :)

I remember Leander and Georgetown being at State and Leander being in State Finals.

*Showing Age*.........

I'm old too! I was there then in 2000 and wow, that was a brilliant show from Leander that year. Ms. Drinkwater was the assistant director there and that show made me a huge fan of Rimsky-Korsakov.

I'm old too! I was there then in 2000 and wow, that was a brilliant show from Leander that year. Ms. Drinkwater was the assistant director there and that show made me a huge fan of Rimsky-Korsakov.

I still think that year was the best UIL State Finals from top to bottom. Every single show in that Finals was extremely memorable in many ways.

I still think that year was the best UIL State Finals from top to bottom. Every single show in that Finals was extremely memorable in many ways.

That was my senior year at Duncanville. I still remember talking to my dad around lunchtime and him saying, "We saw Westfield, and it wasn't all that impressive. I think they'll miss finals. But you know who was really good: LD Bell." It sounded ridiculous at the time. But later that night was the moment I realized that being at all those practices, games and contest over the years had turned my dad into a pretty well-informed marching band enthusiast.

Oh, and I'm still bitter over that loss ;)

I would say Chirchill going to have struggles getting in finals let alone getting a spot.

I don't think making finals is going to be their main concern. They'll be there, it just depends on how that set of finals performances goes for everyone whether or not they advance.

That being said, as it sits now, going off of recent videos found and the last contest I attended (Conroe) here are my predictions.

Finals:

CTJ

Churchill

Reagan

Bowie

Round Rock

Cedar Ridge

Anderson

Westlake

Hendrickson

Lake Travis/Pflugerville

Advancing: