Update Predictions Page

31 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but I've added my predictions for BOA Midland like 4 times already and its not accepting my list. Is anyone else having similar issues?

This is the right place! I believe the issue with the BOA Midland event should be fixed now. Can you try submitting it once more?

The predictions page for Mansfield Preview of Champions lists Burleson Centennial instead of Lakeview Centennial. Any way that can be fixed?

EDIT: Burleson Centennial is attending Mansfield, must have been a later addition when they dropped BOA Austin. Burleson Centennial has it on their calendar but hasn't been put on the schedule on the website. However, I think Lakeview Centennial is still missing from the predictions list despite being on the schedule and having it on their calendar.

Sorry for any confusion! There's too many high schools with similar names...

On 9/22/2021 at 11:04 AM, AlsoIntoSpace said:

The predictions page for Mansfield Preview of Champions lists Burleson Centennial instead of Lakeview Centennial. Any way that can be fixed?

EDIT: Burleson Centennial is attending Mansfield, must have been a later addition when they dropped BOA Austin. Burleson Centennial has it on their calendar but hasn't been put on the schedule on the website. However, I think Lakeview Centennial is still missing from the predictions list despite being on the schedule and having it on their calendar.

Sorry for any confusion! There's too many high schools with similar names...

I added Lakeview Centennial to the event. If you submitted a predictions list and want to make a change in light of this addition, please head back to the predictions page. If you submitted a list before we made this addition, you'll see a button that allows you to submit a new list (as pictured below)

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just curious- how are ties on the captions treated for the prediction game?  

For instance, I predicted Marcus winning the "marching"  caption at DFW and didn't get any points, but people who put Flower Mound did get points.  I'm just curious if there is a criteria here, I know its not really that important.

7 hours ago, LostChoirGuy said:

I'm just curious- how are ties on the captions treated for the prediction game?  

For instance, I predicted Marcus winning the "marching"  caption at DFW and didn't get any points, but people who put Flower Mound did get points.  I'm just curious if there is a criteria here, I know its not really that important.

So two things at play here --

1. I made a mistake and put in the visual caption winners as Flower Mound + Hebron instead of Flower Mound + Marcus. That has been fixed now.

2. The website doesn't display ties well, but the points are there. You won't see a green highlight on your visual caption but if you add up your points, it should look correct (but please let me know if that does not seem to be the case)

We need a fact checker or something for predictions because are too many predictions that are either incorrect or submitted way too early. For example, there have been many times where a contest host was listed in the predictions despite contest host school almost never competing against other schools. Also there should not be area predictions up before region has even started.

10 minutes ago, Dog885 said:

We need a fact checker or something for predictions because are too many predictions that are either incorrect or submitted way too early. For example, there have been many times where a contest host was listed in the predictions despite contest host school almost never competing against other schools. Also there should not be area predictions up before region has even started.

I fully agree with the region part. I bet now a lot of us will want to change our predictions for Area now that some bands are not competing.

5 hours ago, Clarinot said:

I’m with you both on this and definitely looking for some assistance in running the predictive game as it is difficult for me to confirm the accuracy of everything. Please send over a PM if you’re interested and I can set you up as a moderator!

It says that you can't receive messages, but I would love to help out with predictions