Im from Waxahachie and we seem to have a nice rivalry with Forney. We both always finish right next to each other at every competition. Its a nice competitive rivalry that always makes competitions more fun!

So I was wondering if any other schools have any friendly rivalries like ours?

Poteet and the following......Forney, Sherman, Coppell, Mesquite, North Mesquite, John Horn, J.J. Pearce, Highland Park, Wylie, Duncanville, Plano East, and Berkner. Some of these may have started to fade away, but I know when I was there from 2002-2005 these were the main ones we looked forward to going against.

Edited by TxRaider13

the McNeil vs. Round Rock Rivalry is very big. It's interesting because they are 2 COMPLETELY different run band programs with 2 different styles of shows and 2 different styles of thinking and makes the competition even more fun :)

As cute as this would be if it were true, I don't think Round Rock considers McNeil a "rival" by any stretch, just sayin'.

I dont think that Drippng Springs has ever really looked at Hendrickson as a Rivalrey; if so its just a friendly one..

Yeah both of those are friendly rivalries. Within the years since Hendrickson opened, those two bands have really pushed us to where we are today. :) There is not a single part of my body that wants Dripping or Connally to ever do bad; it just seems like in the course of our history, we might beat one at one competition and then they beat us the next week (or even within prelims and finals at a contest). I congratulate both of them on their ones yesterday and wish them the best of luck at area next week!

Are there really heated, hateful rivalries in band? Obviously its not like the Steelers and Ravens rivalry, so what happens? I truthfully have never heard of that before...

Cedar Park and Round Rock's rivalry is biggest between the drumlines. I think we used to go to Belton drumline contest every year with them, and the drum caption at any CenTex competition that both bands attend (Westlake, Cap City, Vista Ridge) has usually been given to either CP or RR's lines in recent years.