All Bowie shows have copyright on them during the season in which they are being performed. So no video of us will be posted of us because it's illegal. One will be posted at the end of the year on YouTube like last year.

Or subscribers to the BOA website can see the video of the program there. The 2011 Arlington videos have been posted.

when will videos from conroe be up?

Considering it took them until last Friday for Arlington...probably not until this Friday at the earliest. And I wouldn't be surprised if it gets bumped to the following Monday since there were two other regionals that day rather than just one. The Fan Network tends to post the smaller regionals first. I really hope this isn't the case but its completely possible.

Edited by Mellophone77

All Bowie shows have copyright on them during the season in which they are being performed. So no video of us will be posted of us because it's illegal. One will be posted at the end of the year on YouTube like last year.

Hmmm, I guess any high school band is free to file a copyright for their performance(s) as intellectual property (as they see fit), but this seems far more like games-[man/woman]-ship than anything else (see Marcus and/or L.D. Bell). If I'm not mistaken, Bowie uses, or at least used (last year), the same drill writer and/or music writer as some of the other bands in their 'geographical region' (Round Rock, for instance). These other bands don't seem to be nearly so constrained by, so called, copyright restrictions when posting videos of their drills/shows (some of these drills/shows have even made their way to bands outside the state of Texas, with corresponding YouTube videos currently available). Just sayin'....

The Austin American Statesman has an early version of the Bowie show on their 'Battle of the Bands' web section for 'week 1' of this year (vs. Westwood).

http://www.statesman.com/news/bowie-high-s...nd-1834623.html

Also, here's Round Rock's 10-8-2011 performance at the Westlake Marching Festival, sans any apparent copyright restriction(s):

One is left to wonder whether Bowie, or any other "copyright sensitive" band, would pursue legal action if their drills/shows were legitimately recorded at a football game or competition, and subsequently posted by the person who recorded them?

These are high school marching band shows we're all talking about here; they're supposed to be fun for the students, the parents, and the competing bands. C'mon, let's get a grip.

I found Coppell's 2011 show!

It's pretty awesome and it's UIL so they're cool with people recording the performances.

Well, well, well... It seems like Coppell is finally starting to put more modern music design on the field. Visual design is definitely improving, too. Throughout the four years of working with that band through college, this is more along the lines of what I kept hoping we would produce. I'm glad to see the evolution continues! They have a few issues to sort out, but they definitely seem to have their eye on BOA:SA finals this year.