2011 BOA San Antonio

I agree. People predict too many bands as "locks" due to their average performance quality. However, thats not really how it works. If LD Bell (however unlikely) somehow broke time and ended up falling apart, they would not make finals. Obviously this is an extreme example, but the same principle applies: Judges judge what is on the field, not the average performance of the band. If a band from Knowhereville, TX shows up, has a decent show, and demomstrates that (for that performance) they have the highest marching/playing ability of the group, they should/would be rated first. You need that principle becuase if there wasn't any hope of doing well, the bottom half of the bands at any BOA Regional wouldn't show up! There always has to be a chance for the little guys to suceed.

That being said, these are bands that are LIKELY making finals:

Bowie, LD Bell, Marcus

Everyone else is in danger of getting out knocked by a band with once-in-a-year performance.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowie, LD Bell, Marcus

Everyone else is in danger of getting out knocked by a band with once-in-a-year performance

Realistically, that list should include at the very least The Woodlands if not SFA and Cedar Park. Bands that score 80+ this weekend should not have any problem coasting into finals a month from now. Placements are another story, but I have 100% absolute confidence that those 6 bands will be in finals.

Realistically, that list should include at the very least The Woodlands if not SFA and Cedar Park. Bands that score 80+ this weekend should not have any problem coasting into finals a month from now. Placements are another story, but I have 100% absolute confidence that those 6 bands will be in finals.

My thoughts exactly. Now the last few spots are gonna be one heck of a fight. Tough competition this year.

Why in the world is Coppell High School not on here??

They have worked very hard and their show is great.

I don't know about this year in particular, but in the past Coppell has not been the most successful in BOA. If they make finals at all, it is the last spots, and that "bare minimum" that would normally get a band into finals is not going to be enough given this years killer line up. Coppell very well may make finals, but they're going to have a helluva show and prove themselves worthy.

IMHO.

I don't know about this year in particular, but in the past Coppell has not been the most successful in BOA. If they make finals at all, it is the last spots, and that "bare minimum" that would normally get a band into finals is not going to be enough given this years killer line up. Coppell very well may make finals, but they're going to have a helluva show and prove themselves worthy.

IMHO.

That is true. Coppell really isn't a BOA school. But we will just see about what will happen this year. But thanks for your opinion :) it was good to hear.

I would keep an eye out for Haltom this year. I think they're going to be the dark horse. They sound phenomenal, they play some really hard material, and their marching is very decent. I have a feeling they will place extremely well at Duncanville, and make a surprise appearance in the top 8 at finals in San Antonio.

Churchill def not a lock. They didn't even make uil state last year.

I wouldn't be so quick to take Churchill and Reagan out of the lock this year, both bands always seem to perform at a high level at SA, and they have crowd favorites along with Johnson, but my personal opinion for a lock would be

Woodlands

Reagan

Churchill

Bowie

Bell

SFA

Johnson

Cedar Park

Edited by Marchingfan27

I wouldn't be so quick to take Churchill and Reagan out of the lock this year, both bands always seem to perform at a high level at SA, and they have crowd favorites along with Johnson, but my personal opinion for a lock would be

Woodlands

Reagan

Churchill

Bowie

Bell

SFA

Johnson

Cedar Park

Add Marcus to that and I completely agree with you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: