• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to fish for comments young Raider. After Arlington, people will be talking about Bell's show all over the internet all the way into December....it happens every year.

Follow the example of your peers and predecessors and bask in the attention with a strain of humility and pride.

No need to fish for comments young Raider. After Arlington, people will be talking about Bell's show all over the internet all the way into December....it happens every year.

Follow the example of your peers and predecessors and bask in the attention with a strain of humility and pride.

Awww. Come on takigan... Let the kid have some fun!

-_-

I just don't think it's necessary...especially when you think about all the poor kids who check this site regularly who aren't part of a "brand name" program, hoping someone says something nice about their band, but hold back in asking because they don't want to be annoying.

Now I'm not just trying to be a grinch about it. I'll admit at the same time, having the topic brought up is sort of....you know?.... because then we'll get to hear some juicy gossip about it a bit early from someone in the HEB area who might've already seen the show.

But it just seems a bit greedy, and unfair to the other members who show some restraint.

-_-

I just don't think it's necessary...especially when you think about all the poor kids who check this site regularly who aren't part of a "brand name" program, hoping someone says something nice about their band, but hold back in asking because they don't want to be annoying.

Now I'm not just trying to be a grinch about it. I'll admit at the same time, having the topic brought up is sort of....you know?.... because then we'll get to hear some juicy gossip about it a bit early from someone in the HEB area who might've already seen the show.

But it just seems a bit greedy, and unfair to the other members who show some restraint.

I don't see why more people don't. Maybe then people will start talking about lesser known programs versus talking LD Bell and Marcus to death. Sure it's early but I'm tired of this dynasty. Maybe everytime LD Bell or Marcus wins a baby penguin loses its mom. Food for thought.

Can't argue with you there.

I'll be honest with you though....not trying to be negative about it but with 3rd at Nats last year, and not going to Nats this year....this could be a sign that the program is losing its dynastic edge. Much like Reagan and Westfield before them, '07 could've been their peak and now they're slowly slipping away year after year.

I really hope this isn't the case....but it worries me.

Can't argue with you there.

I'll be honest with you though....not trying to be negative about it but with 3rd at Nats last year, and not going to Nats this year....this could be a sign that the program is losing its dynastic edge. Much like Reagan and Westfield before them, '07 could've been their peak and now they're slowly slipping away year after year.

I really hope this isn't the case....but it worries me.

Why be worried? Programs can't/shouldn't be dominating all the time. It takes the fun out of everything and frankly is demoralizing to all the other bands who dream to accomplish half the things LD Bell has. Is it fair? Nope, but there isn't a whole lot you can do. LD Bell has the system figured out and they are rolling with it.

Has anyone had a chance to see our show yet? If so what are your thoughts and how are we going to do at Arlington?

LDBTrumpeter is not a member of Bell's band. Check the profile. He graduates in 2015. L.D. Bell is a 10-12 high school. There are no freshmen.

They are just a troll.

I have to say, after seeing LD Bell's show during a football game.... They do seem to be losing their edge... Last year, their show was much more fascinating, this year I didn't think that was the case watching on the sidelines waiting for our time to perform. Sure, a good show, but LD Bell does seem to be losing their edge a little.

And @Kankooku, our band directors have mentioned you before when giving us little motivational speeches. He said some very positive and nice things about your Mansfield marching band. :)

I have to say, after seeing LD Bell's show during a football game.... They do seem to be losing their edge... Last year, their show was much more fascinating, this year I didn't think that was the case watching on the sidelines waiting for our time to perform. Sure, a good show, but LD Bell does seem to be losing their edge a little.

And @Kankooku, our band directors have mentioned you before when giving us little motivational speeches. He said some very positive and nice things about your Mansfield marching band. :)

I can't quite decide if it's because you guys are so good or because LD Bell is losing their touch. Too bad ya'll aren't going to Arlington. All three of our schools could be in Arlington finals! Birdville is fantastic as always-- they're definitely state bound. I guess we'll just have to settle for San Antonio ;)

But in all seriousness, the tiers of years past are starting to break down. This is going to be a very interesting and surprising season. I really can't say how Arlington will turn out. It's an extraordinarily mixed bag!

It is still very early in the season and there hasn't even been a contest performance yet. Seeing an early season football game performance from the sideline isn't an especially good indicator of how late season contest performances will go.

Phishing or Trolling, this thread is a good teaching tool for getting people to bring it on the field. Connect with the audience, but never forget that the strongest connections are with the rest of your family on the field who has sweated and toiled with you all season long. What you are creating isn't just a performance, it is a set of bonds and memories that will never be forgotten. And no placements nor judges nor comments on forums can ever change that.

It is still very early in the season and there hasn't even been a contest performance yet. Seeing an early season football game performance from the sideline isn't an especially good indicator of how late season contest performances will go.

Phishing or Trolling, this thread is a good teaching tool for getting people to bring it on the field. Connect with the audience, but never forget that the strongest connections are with the rest of your family on the field who has sweated and toiled with you all season long. What you are creating isn't just a performance, it is a set of bonds and memories that will never be forgotten. And no placements nor judges nor comments on forums can ever change that.

Beautiful. Our competitiveness and pride can distract us from what really matters. Happens to me every once in a while, when I'll post a huge paragraph promoting my band and what our placement will be. I always regret it later.This truly is about the family-like bond with our families in our bands. Not to mention our one big family that we're all collectively a part of in this activity.

Great points. Plus, I'm not sure Andy Sealy or Van Mathews would be so keen on the idea of their students posting 'stuff' or getting wrapped up in the things posted on this site.

Has anyone had a chance to see our show yet? If so what are your thoughts and how are we going to do at Arlington?

I saw part of their show tonight on TV while they aired the Bell vs Trinity football game. It wasn't a good quality video, but the show looked typical LD Bell - fast drill and lots of movement. Can't wait to see it live on Saturday.