new uniforms 2011

We had a thread like this last year so I figured I'd resurrect it. Who's getting new uniforms this year? Pics also encouraged.

Allen's getting new uniforms. These are just the jackets.

post-27908-0-92441600-1547733078_thumb.jpg

They look great!!! :)

Good luck with the sorting, the hanging, the numbering, the issuing, the hemming, the etc, etc, etc!

• 3 weeks later...
they just got new uni's last year!

...or at least I didn't think it was a "patch"....maybe it was.

We had a patch last year and changed them for this year. And we are definitely getting new uniforms next year! (Even though it pains me to say that I will not get the chance to wear it as I am a senior :( )

This is the 12th year that RRHS has existed. So, they are averaging 6 years between uniform changes. This is right around the normal of 7-8 years.

Glancing at the old videos, I think it's three. At first they had the sashes, then they tore those off ~2005, then they got the white old "new" ones in 2006, then they had new black jackets in 2007, then they switched back to the 2006 white ones for 2008-2010. Not to mention the silly hat covers and endless plaque, plume, and mask additions they've made.

So, really, that's three separate uniforms for the past 12 years plus numerous alterations to those 3 sets.

My guess is that they don't actually have new uniforms, but they pulled out the 2007 set I am talking about since they are all black and quite sleek.

Glancing at the old videos, I think it's three. At first they had the sashes, then they tore those off ~2005, then they got the white old "new" ones in 2006, then they had new black jackets in 2007, then they switched back to the 2006 white ones for 2008-2010. Not to mention the silly hat covers and endless plaque, plume, and mask additions they've made.

So, really, that's three separate uniforms for the past 12 years plus numerous alterations to those 3 sets.

My guess is that they don't actually have new uniforms, but they pulled out the 2007 set I am talking about since they are all black and quite sleek.

I may be wrong, but I've always figured that the black uniforms are just the white uniforms just without the vest. If you look at the 2006 videos you can see the drum majors wearing the black uniform...but it could be there's a slight difference between the band's black uniforms from '07 and the drum major's.