Canton 2nd in prelims, 5th in finals

Even crazier Silver Medalist North Lamar receiving a 20th place ranking in prelims although it was just from one judge that doesn't make much sense, maybe it's jsut me thinking this is odd??!

Edited by NickRC

Never said it was a bad thing. Just they placed below Anderson, CT Johnson, and Reagan at Area, tied with Round Rock at area, yet beat them all at state. I meant crazy as in surprising.

Guess I read it wrong. But yes, in that sense it was slightly surprising, but I feel like Westlake has always been one of those bands that peaks at just the right time.

Placement in area means nothing at state. Area C this year was Rowlett, Berkner, Duncanville, Coppell. Rowlett didnt make finals and Coppell and Duncanville did better than Berkner at state. Its different judges, different time, different stage.

Never said it was a bad thing. Just they placed below Anderson, CT Johnson, and Reagan at Area, tied with Round Rock at area, yet beat them all at state. I meant crazy as in surprising.
Edited by morebueno

Placement in area means nothing at state. Area C this year was Rowlett, Berkner, Duncanville, Coppell. Rowlett didnt make finals and Coppell and Duncanville did better than Berkner at state. Its different judges, different time, different stage.

Not to mention the rain kind of screwed everything up in Dallas/Ft Worth that day. The same thing happened in area B where Hebron beat LD Bell in area.

• 10 years later...

Reviving this dead topic back alive almost 11 years later. I just wanted to share my pick for a crazy result at a contest.

McNeese Showdown at Sundown Marching Contest 2016

Grenada - wins with a score of 92.8 winning almost every single caption of the contest except for: Best music in class, Best overall music, and best drum majors. Also gets sweepstakes (all 1's in the categories).

Lumberton - 2nd place with a score of 91.8 winning the following captions: Best music in class and Best overall music. Lumberton was one of the few bands that DID NOT get sweepstakes, they got a 2nd division in drum major.

3rd through 5th were all close to eachother and were 4 points behind Lumberton. I will comment on Kountze HS, they got 5th winning a couple class captions plus sweepstakes. Was super cool seeing them so excited about being in the top 5, beating bands that were 3x their size. They only had about 60 members in the band and were able to beat bands that had 140 - 170 members.

I wish I had my hands to the full results just so I can see how high Lumberton's music scores were. 

• 2 months later...