Westlake Marching Festival

Well if I'm not mistaken, BOA Houston falls on the same day as this contest, so that takes a way the usual favorite Cedar Park, Leander and Vandegrift. I would expect to see the usual Bowie, Akins, Dripping Springs, Round Rock, etc lineup though. Will be interesting to see if anyone can keep up with Bowie with no Cedar Park this year. Maybe Dripping Springs off their state championship?

• 2 weeks later...

Bowie is doing the Music of Tchaikovsky this year. 1812 overture, etc.

An early season video:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool...and-896984.html

Are they doing BOA this year because I noticed they are missing from both The Woodlands and Arlington regionals...?

Does anyone know if Clements will be attending again? Their show last year was really well done. They had a great ensemble sound and I would like to see them again.

What is Bowie's show this year?

Even though I think you guys should be a little more humble until Westlake, I will agree that this could be a good year for you guys. In my MANY encounters with the O'Connor band, it seems like you guys get better have gotten better each year since the split w/ Brandies. You guys are so much cleaner since being cut from a 300+ band.

Is there a roster up yet?

Here is my top ten in no particular order:

Bowie

Dripping Springs

Connally

Round Rock

Akins

Georgetown

Vista Ridge

O'Connor

Hays

Anderson

I'll be back with a "game day" prediction. So don't touch that dial :)

I believe you missed Pflugerville, straight off their 4th place BOA Arlington finish. Don't see them missing finals here. Replace Anderson with them and I'd say that's a solid list. Interesting to see who gets that 10th spot, since I'm not sure if it will be Hays.

Also interested in seeing how these results compare to Cap City. We'll see how good Round Rock really is. Looking forward to it!

I believe you missed Pflugerville, straight off their 4th place BOA Arlington finish. Don't see them missing finals here. Replace Anderson with them and I'd say that's a solid list. Interesting to see who gets that 10th spot, since I'm not sure if it will be Hays.

Also interested in seeing how these results compare to Cap City. We'll see how good Round Rock really is. Looking forward to it!

I would like to make my prediction but the thing doesn't save it, so I have like 10 submissions and none have been accepted

Yeah I put this post up then went and read about Pflugerville making a great showing at BOA Arlington. Replacing them with Anderson is spot on.

Edited by Rocktapus512

Finals (according to another board):

1 Round Rock

2 Bowie

3 Dripping Springs

4 Anderson

5 Akins

6 Pflugerville

7 Connally

8 O'Connor

9 Westwood

10 Vista Ridge

Holy crap, what a tough contest I don't really know bands here in the Austin area as well, but I recongize most of the names and I'm impressed. Great job Round Rock!!